Thread: Food Standards Ratings

Default Food Standards Ratings

rebbonk

I've looked at these before and I must say, the ones I was interested in were pretty misleading.

For example, it says that my local pub was inspected late last year and has a 4* rating. The pub hasn't sold food for over 2 years and the kitchens were, well, not very clever, when the new licensee took over at Christmas.

I was surprised by some of the results too. 1 place had a fairly good rating, but I've heard several reports of people getting food poisoning, and another that had a fairly bad rating that I've heard no food poisoning reports about at all.

It's the time of year for the ratings again: http://www.nuneaton-news.co.uk/Valen...ail/story.html

Some places to avoid if you don't want a bad stomach: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/wha...aways-12279834

I don't know any of these places and I never go to food festivals. Why are they allowed to operate if they have zero hygiene ratings?

Thanks for that very helpful link Lex, Warwick and Leamington food standards ratings. I hope its accurate.
    I typed in The eating places we visit for a coffee/snack , Marks & Spencers, rated 5. Seasons Restaurant 5. Angelica's in the House of Fraser 5. and the Muffin Break 4. Don't know why the Muffin Break got 4. they are clean and they do a great coffee.
    Last edited by Finebyme; 04-07-2017 at 05:44 AM.

It's scary how some of these places are allowed to operate; maybe the FSA's budget doesn't run to closing these places down?