Thread: Warwick Castle Portrait by Van Dyck?

Default Warwick Castle Portrait by Van Dyck?

It'll be interesting to find out if it is: http://www.warwickcourier.co.uk/news...ions-1-6689128

Margaret

Very interesting article.
    I've never been inside Warwick Castle, but I would love to see their art collection.
    It seems they have sold a lot off as well, shame on them.

rebbonk

I've been round Warwick castle several times and as long as you don't pick a bank holiday it's a good trip. There's plenty to see and investigate.

I made the mistake once of going on a bank holiday and it really was packed. So much so that we left after about an hour as you could see very little and were in a permanent shuffling queue.

Margaret

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    I've been round Warwick castle several times and as long as you don't pick a bank holiday it's a good trip. There's plenty to see and investigate.

I made the mistake once of going on a bank holiday and it really was packed. So much so that we left after about an hour as you could see very little and were in a permanent shuffling queue.

I avoid going anywhere on bank holiday weekends, plus I resent the rip off charges to get into Warwick Castle. Stratford is always heaving on such weekends, though I don't mind going to the odd festival for a wander around and a bite to eat. We don't drive and usually have a long wait for a bus home anyway. The trains are 2 hourly.