Thread: Housing Developments

Default Housing Developments

I'm sure Coventry council, if it really tried, could find brownfield sites to build on instead of leaning on its neighbours (even if someone does have to pay to clean the sites up): http://www.warwickcourier.co.uk/news...omes-1-6602442

rebbonk

There are plenty of brownfield sites Lex.

What really p*sses me off though is this crappy council's complete disregard of locals thoughts and views.

Not only are they off-loading the issue (they created much of it by offering to take immigrants etc. because of the grants they got) but they have a cavalier attitude to green-belt land when it suits them.

I can safely speak on behalf of the people of Stratford district in telling Coventry Council to sling its hook - we're taking on enough housing already, thank-you. The District Council might be a different matter - especially if Tony Bird gets involved.

rebbonk

I understand that elements on Coventry Council are talking about applying to have boundaries re-drawn!

Yes, I've heard similar. Although Stratford won't be directly affected, Coventry Council can still go do one.