Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: General Election 2015

A list of who's standing for our respective constituencies (good to see the Monster Raving Loony Party's still about!):
    http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/new...anding-9009550

rebbonk

I read somewhere that Labour have a 99% chance of holding the constituency where I live.

BUT unless the other parties try, they'll never know. I suggest that they get their fingers out and start canvassing and understanding what the constituency thinks.

cathidaw

I forecast that more people will vote this time than for many years.

rebbonk

I hope that people do realise the importance of voting and act accordingly.

Margaret

My own purely personal view is that the condition of the country is way beyond the stage where it can be in any way improved by the tinkering of what in effect is a one party system we now have.
    As you know I haven't voted in 20 odd years.
    One thing that is very noticeable in this so called election is the complete disappearance of politics, that is there is not even any reference to the serious issues facing the country and for so long.

rebbonk

I smell the whiff of revolution in the air.

I honestly believe that if we don't see some major changes in the political landscape within the next two Parliaments (at the outside) we're going to see some serious civil unrest and disobedience.

The people of this country are unhappy and the lumbering giant is gradually awakening. Fags, beer, soaps and reality TV won't keep the lid on things much longer.

Did anyone watch the debate tonight? I've been on a night out, so missed most of it: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32328664

The parties launched their campaigns in Stratford this week. The article in this week's physical paper also mentioned that the Conservatives want to build ANOTHER Shakespeare museum in the town, which has lost them my vote!
    http://www.stratford-herald.com/3539...anifestos.html

rebbonk

Stratford needs that like I need another hole in the head!

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    Stratford needs that like I need another hole in the head!
    Damn right - we've got too much Shakespeare already.

cathidaw

I watched the whole programmes.
    The women were the most impressive and good orators, especially Sturgeon.
    Milliband was just the usual Ed ,If we didn't know his posh background we could almost believe his promises.
    Farage -silly man, put everyone's backs up as soon as he opened his mouth.Not the way to win friends.He is his worst enemy. Yet could he be our saviour, by changing the system?.
    I don't think it will change much without someone to stir things up.

Leamington also got a visit from Ms Harperson: http://www.warwickcourier.co.uk/news...gton-1-6705461

rebbonk

Let's not forget that Horrible Harriet is Lord Longford's niece, was a member of the paedophile information exchange, and has campaigned for lowering the age of consent.

rebbonk

Love that picture of Gidiot. Plainly obvious that he hasn't got a clue. Back to towel folding for him!

rebbonk

Doesn't look a particularly big turnout for Ed. When you consider just how pro Labour Nuneaton is I find that a little worrying. Maybe it's because they're fielding a candidate barely out of nappies?