Thread: Tinnitus

rebbonk

Default Tinnitus

Anyone else suffer from this horrible affliction?

My right ear is far worse than my left, but even simple everyday tasks such as using the phone are nigh-on impossible. It really does sound like a Jumbo jet is spooling up.

If I can get involved in things the noise seems to abate, but as soon as I relax the ringing comes back with a vengeance.

Sadly, when I was younger I didn't look after my hearing the way I ought have. Now I'm paying the price.

Margaret

That sounds dreadful Rebbonk. I get slight ringing in my right ear, but the practice nurse said I've got stubborn wax build up, I really hope that is all it is, I am doing the warm olive oil thing to loosen it, then I shall make an appointment to get my ears syringed. I hope that cures it, as I know yours must be 10 as bad Rebbonk. Sometimes it is noisier than others.
    When I'm busy about the house chores, I forget about it, but as you say trying to sleep or just resting it is more noticable.
    Last edited by Margaret; 25-12-2014 at 04:07 PM.

rebbonk

I've had my ears syringed several times over the years, but it's not made an iota of difference to the noises.

I find that 'white' noise helps mask the problem when I'm sat at my computer, but it's not a practical solution if I want to go out.

cathidaw

My mother in law had tinnitis for her last 10 years.To get to sleep she had the radio on, which drove her husband mad , but he got used to it..s long as he liked the music.
    I cannot believe that there is not a cure for this.