Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Missing Malaysia Airlines plane .

rebbonk

There are tapes of the last conversation, all ATC is recorded. To settle the argument once and for all, those responsible for the tapes could release them for public consumption. If the tapes are not released, a fair question is to ask why not?

Pillar of the Community

I really believe that the Malays are not deliberately making mistakes like this. It seems to me that it all stems from cultural differences in that they are not given to being brought to account from the world's media and they have a distinct lack of attention to the importance of detail. They are a very laid back nation of people who are possibley more ' manana ' than the Spanish. ( I can't put the cedilla above the 'n') It may also be that who ever is in charge of the tapes has reported their content inaccurately from a possible poor grasp of spoken English. I heard this morning that they have released the transcripts to the families of those lost but I agree, they maybe should release the actual taped spoken words to them and to the world as well.

Pillar of the Community

Oh Dear http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-disguise.html

I really like Mr Hussein and am impressed by his spoken English, empathy and compassion. I really don't think he meant this as it is. Its a faux pas in his command of English. The man is impressive and has displayed such calm and understanding that you can tell he's got emotion he's fought to hold back and has managed so many difficult press conferences with dignity.

Pillar of the Community

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ian-Ocean.html

I hope this is it; for the sake of their loved ones. It will bring the chance of ' closure ' one hopes.

Margaret

Default More pings detected

I do hope they have finally found the location of the missing Malaysian plane as they have detected more pings. It won't bring back those poor passengers that have perished, but the recovery of the black box should unfold the mystery of how this tragedy happened.

http://www.freep.com/article/2014040...e-ping-signals
    Last edited by Margaret; 09-04-2014 at 03:12 PM.

Pillar of the Community

The way the media is reporting this, really isn't helping this whole tragic mystery. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...on-ground.html

The coverage seems to start saying one thing by way of revelationary News and then confusing it with possible explanations. All the while the families and loved ones of these poor people are still left wondering what is really going on and who to believe.

rebbonk

Quote Originally Posted by Gladys View Post
    The coverage seems to start saying one thing by way of revelationary News and then confusing it with possible explanations.
    I can't take the DM seriously. They described a Spitfire as a jet at one stage! The standard of their reporting is very poor. Also, they banned me from making comments on their stories, mainly because I held views different to theirs.

Pillar of the Community

Rebbonk, you have the right to freedom of speech. I hope you reminded them of that? Their reporting is indeed very poor not least their use of grammar and spelling.(Not that I can say much on that but at least I do know how it should be done.) They are now saying that the US is denying that the plane landed at Diego Garcia. I must say, president Obama really hasn't seemed to have said a lot on any of this except Mr Hussein did travel to Hawaii for ' talks '. It would be good to hear they have the black boxes and then maybe the truth will be told.

Pillar of the Community

After dropping out of the news for months, it turns out people are still looking for the plane: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-28900565

Pillar of the Community

Yes, I don't see that they can abandon any search especially after the disaster in Ukraine of MH17. That with this is set to break them. I read only on Friday that there is an 'expert ' investigator who believes the captain deliberately starved the cabin of oxygen which would have rendered the passengers and crew at first sleepy and then unconscious very quickly.