Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Missing Malaysia Airlines plane .

Margaret

As planes scour the southern Indian Ocean, the hunt goes on elsewhere too. Here, Indonesia's National Search and Rescue despatches a helicopter over the Andaman sea, near the northern tip of Sumatra island.

Pillar of the Community

It is a relief to hear they are checking out her possible sighting. What about Kazakstan though- still no comment?

Pillar of the Community

I am sorry to say I now think the Captain and his co- opts were a band of suicidal sad people who opted to die together. I think they have ditched the plane and the mobile phone signals from passengers were scrambled to block them. I wish I could still think positively but suddenly tonight, I can't. God Please make me wrong. I still can't understand why Kazakhstan and Tajikistan have made no response. This is the last hope for me that they have them somewhere but why is another question.

Perhaps not the Captain but certainly, some one or some people took control of the plane. It isn't looking hopeful. At the close of the press meeting this morning the Malaysian Official who is seeming to be so patient and understanding was passed a piece of paper with news from China that one of their satellites has picked up an image of debris measuring 22m x 30 m in the South China Sea. This is still in the South Corridor.
    Last edited by Gladys; 22-03-2014 at 09:45 AM.

Margaret

Hopefully they will come up with something more positive tomorrow, all we keep hearing is that they have sighted more debris, but we never get an actual image of it.
    Last edited by Margaret; 24-03-2014 at 03:45 AM.

Pillar of the Community

Hope and pray. XXX

Margaret

Quote Originally Posted by Gladys View Post
    Hope and pray. XXX

Pillar of the Community

The UK AAI Branch at Farnborough and IMMARSAT have calculated from satellite data that the plane has gone down in the Southern Indian Ocean. This is ahead of any confirmation that the debris that has been sighted belongs to Flight MH370. This is a remarkable feat and a very sad result from this calculation. It also poses several even more sad scenarios as to why the plane was headed out that way where there would be absolutely no where to land. May the crew and passengers RIP and Condolences to all families and loved ones suffering this terrible tragic loss. I hope answers will be found.
    Last edited by Gladys; 24-03-2014 at 02:16 PM.

Pillar of the Community

It took 2 years to locate the Black Box from the Air France disaster but with 26 nations assisting with their technology and expertise, hopefully Flight MH370 will yield hers before too long. This is an interesting article which lays out the various scenarios that may be why the flight went down. Mr Chris Goodfellow's concept is the one I'd prefer to believe. Langkawi is in line with the search area where as the Investigation authorities had previously said that the plane was out in an area where there is no where to land. Clearly there is but you'd have to know that. May be the Captains flight simulator will show he did. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ar-course.html

Yes, it was a spectacular operation to recover that black box. They had to design a special submarine to operate at such extremem depths. I think the result was that it was ruled that it was pilot error.
    A very young pilot looked as though he panicked when he saw what is know as the St. Elmo's fire. Took the plane , which was on a computer system , know as fly by wire to about 80 thousand feet and it then just began to fall straight into the ocean as it lost speed.
    I don't want to speculate about this Malaysian tragedy, but suffice to say that if there was a political or religious motive, the Chinese government will be force to take drastic measures against Malaysia, including possible war.

Pillar of the Community

The Chinese Government seem to have their own internal ' war ' at the moment as the relatives marched to the Malaysian Embassy today to hand over a petition. This is flouting Chinese laws on public demonstrations.

I think the unprecedented manner in which officials have reached the conclusion of Flight MH370 having gone down is contributing to their grief and confusion. It simply isn't concrete in the way visual and tangible hard evidence is as with wreckage.(Seeing is believing) For now it may not feel real but mere fiction until they are walked through the calculation and its method with the evidence it sourced to reach the conclusion it did. Malaysian Officials are set to fly to Beijing tonight so they can do this. The Chinese Government is not given to providing explanations to its people either, so in that Malaya is also breaching ground not previously trodden on to people who are suppressed in the expression of opinions.
    The Ts&Cs of the Insurance of the plane and its occupants is also another knife edged situation. I gleaned and stand to be corrected that they have to prove that they know what happened in order to settle. If this is so, it makes it all the more important that they race to find out exactly what went on.

Margaret

Little is known about the topography of the seabed in the search area, David Ferreira, an oceanographer at the UK's University of Reading, says. "We know much more about the surface of the moon than we do about the ocean floor in that part of the Indian Ocean."

Pillar of the Community

I suspect there are a number of submarines already out there or headed that way to do just that. Its just so awful for the people left behind who are suffering with grief that can't progress through its stages with out tangible evidence.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-airline.html

If this is the wreckage , it will increase the sadness of the families involved but will provide them with some tangible evidence so they can move on with the grief process. The Captain's life is reported to have been in turmoil and the satellite information shows they tracked the plane at 43000 - 45000 feet for 23 minutes. This is very unusual and sadly but Thankfully may have caused loss of consciousness to all on board MH370.
    Last edited by Gladys; 26-03-2014 at 11:37 AM.

Pillar of the Community

I also think that because Malaya hasn't had disasters and has not had to answer for an event before, this will add to the pain of the families. It really doesn't bode well. Her Majesty needs some real life input to reach out to her peoples' pain which I am sure she's never had to worry about before. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ound-golf.html

Pillar of the Community

This doesn't seem right. How can one life be worth more than another? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...on-claims.html

Pillar of the Community

I gleaned from today's press conference in Malaya that the Chinese have not been receiving this telecast that we all have been. I believe China controls what News it allows its people to hear so in that it is at fault in this terrible ordeal. The Malaysian Airlines Official said they were now going to make sure that the Chinese receive it in Beijing as we do. This will be why the Chinese have felt so ill informed and hopefully now they will feel included. It should assist the families involved and reduce the suspicion they have felt.

Pillar of the Community

Tonight's News brings a correction in the last words spoken to Air Traffic Control by The person in the cockpit of MH370. They are quite different to those reported previously, how can this be?
    Now they are ' Goodnight, Malaysian three, seven, zero.' Then they were' Alright, Good night.'