Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Humane meat production

rebbonk

It's all down to profit Gladys.

I hope it all backfires on them. I won't use any establishment that uses or encourages these barbaric ways of slaughter. Of course, the assumption is that I can actually find out beforehand.

Pillar of the Community

Well, the article says the Halal meat Subway uses is stunned pre cut. That is something at least but why remove pork from its entire range? People who don't eat pork need not. The Company could just ensure pork products are put together in a separate area to the other meat products. That makes more sense to me. Unless it is a Muslim owned outfit of course? Oh and while I'm on this, I wonder if the Company will label their products as Halal?

rebbonk

Yet again, the majority are 'punished' for the sake of the minorities.

If I don't like something, I avoid it. Perhaps these minority groups ought behave the same way? - Oh sorry, that's the English way; behaving that way living in England would never do would it?

Pillar of the Community

ENGLAND- where is that? From memory it was a small country with strong values built from historical origins that were inbuilt to its countrymen and their kin and it used to hold the respect of the entire world. Indeed, the rest of the world used to want to emulate it. No wonder I am struggling to remember where it is!

rebbonk

Quote Originally Posted by Gladys View Post
    ...the rest of the world used to want to emulate it.
    Nowadays they seem to want to destroy it! Politics of envy I reckon!

I think this is why UKIP is becoming so popular - a lot of people are feeling threatened that their way of life is being sidelined. I've even caught myself thinking about voting for them, even though I see UKIP as a bunch of publicity grabbing eejits.

rebbonk

I see a distinct parallel between Nigel Farage and Adolf Hitler. Both charismatic, both opportunists, both there at the right time. We know what happened under Hitler...

BTW, I'm not the only one that has noticed similarities between the UK today and Germany in the early 30's.

Pillar of the Community

Its very worrying all round. I hadn't seen the parallel until you mentioned it, Rebbonk. I am not the brightest on the planet and politics is definitely not my strong point but you do seem to have a very poignant point on that.

I was watching part of a programme about the rise of the Japanese empire in the 1930s last night, and it's scary how similar a lot of what is being said now was being said by the Japanese leadership back then.

rebbonk

Something Mr F and UKIP would rather you didn't see...

I know we all did daft things when young....

rebbonk

Apparently the above picture is a fake. I'll leave it there though as I quite like it...

Another few points on the idiot tally......

Pillar of the Community

And so it goes on and on. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ask-staff.html

So that's Subway, Pizza Express and I believe also Macdonald's and Burger King. It really is time we are told exactly how our meat is prepared from its beginning to the end. Informed choice is what I ask for not sly marketing with untold truths.Packaging needs clear labels and brands need to come clean.

rebbonk

Quote Originally Posted by Gladys View Post
    Packaging needs clear labels and brands need to come clean.
    Oddly enough, that is one thing the EU is keen on.

But, where there's a will to deceive the public (for whatever reason) sharp practice will prevail.

Pillar of the Community

If Denmark and Poland can take a stand against these methods of inhumane slaughter by banning them, why can't we? They decided animal welfare should come before religious beliefs. I speak for my self in that I believe this may be where we as a nation are going wrong. As omnipotent in the pecking order we put all peoples' belief systems and religions above the value of compassionate care. It would be more intelligent to base a decision on scientific fact than on a belief system that has never been challenged through the years up to now.