Thread: New Food research- what can we eat?

Pillar of the Community

Default New Food research- what can we eat?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...y-SMOKING.html

This made me groan. Is nothing safe anymore? Honestly, what can we eat?

rebbonk

Cheese aggravates my gout something wicked. Shame, I love the stuff.

Does that include vegetarian cheese rebbonk?
    Last edited by Margaret; 05-03-2014 at 07:07 AM.

Margaret

Thumbs up

I like what this poster siad: What on earth has Carole Middleton got to do with this article. Does the Mail have a contract with her each time her photo appears - does she get paid for this? She is unimportant to this article. It is all codswallop!

And codswallop gets my vote!

rebbonk

Does that include vegetarian cheese rebbonk?
    Got to be honest Margaret, I've never tried it. It's the strong Cheddars and blue veined stuff that I really like, but sadly I really have to ration myself these days. It can also be a bit of a problem when cooking as many of my favourite dishes contain cheese

Pillar of the Community

Margaret, I think CM is mentioned because she advocates and lives by the Dukan diet which is a high protein no carbs regime.

Pillar of the Community

At Last- this is hopeful. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...nnections.html

I wonder what the dose is to achieve optimum effects on short term memory recall? I bet it differs from the advised alcohol allowance of 3 units per day for men and 2 for women

rebbonk

Bottom line Gladys, most of this research doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Far too many researchers have an axe to grind and the research doesn't stand up to impartiality.

As a starting point, always look to any sponsor of the research. - I know, I've been there and had pressure applied to my research when the results didn't suit. I have integrity, I told them exactly where they could stick it and walked. It cost me a Ph.D!

Pillar of the Community

Groan, Will our food chain ever be sorted out? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ood-comes-from.

rebbonk

How do they stand up? They have no backbone do they?

Pillar of the Community

No, that's the problem- it gets removed. As for standing up, well its more like shoulder sloping.

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    How do they stand up? They have no backbone do they?
    They'll have the backbone, trotters, spleen, brain and everything else. The food manufacturers will put anything into their products now they can get away with it.

Pillar of the Community

Absolutely Lex. This is the self same reason why after the Foot and Mouth outbreak before the last, all Abattoirs had to change practices to remove spleen, etc. Most small ones went out of business as they couldn't keep up with ever changing legislation and 'Elf and safety'. It makes me think this was the ' Bigger Plan ' and now they have the poll position to clean up.( Through the EU of course)