Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stormy Weather

rebbonk

Quote Originally Posted by Shizara View Post
    it is just as well as the thrill seeker is 'rewarded' by an incredible spray of water that heads toward the footpath and any unsuspecting victim
    I just love it when there's a hidden pothole under that nice big puddle. I've seen many cars have rapidly deflated tyres like that. I think it's called Karma or schadenfreude.

LOL... Now, that would make my day under such circumstances!
    Cool

There was a tornado reported in north Warwickshire: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-25908932

Apparently, there was one near Clifford Chambers as well.

Pillar of the Community

Hi All, I don't know how you/re doing up there but in the last hour the wind has been whipping up a storm. Its going to be a turbulent night and I have no doubts some more flooding to come. Keep safe.

Margaret

Quote Originally Posted by Gladys View Post
    Hi All, I don't know how you/re doing up there but in the last hour the wind has been whipping up a storm. Its going to be a turbulent night and I have no doubts some more flooding to come. Keep safe.
    Thanks Gladys, you keep safe too. There is a bit of a blustery wind where we are but nothing to be alarmed about just yet. Not a good outlook weatherwise for the weekend.
    Last edited by Margaret; 04-02-2014 at 06:26 PM.

Margaret

As I write, the wind is wild and the rain is lashing down the windows.
    I don't think I'll be putting my wheelie bin out till the morning.

Pillar of the Community

it raged all night and then died down slightly around 10 am this morning. It remained dry until around 11 but isn't heavy, yet! However, in the last 20 minutes the wind is whipping up again so who knows.

This is just weird. Its now 1430 and its gone quiet with just a light breeze. The rain has stopped, the sun even came out and is still trying. Is this the calm before the storm? We have an amber weather warning for worse to come.

I spoke too soon. The rain is back with squaling gusts, the sky is black but the sun is shining on the south side of us.
    Last edited by Gladys; 05-02-2014 at 01:43 PM.

Margaret

It is blowing a gale out there, and the River Leam is on flood alert.

Edited to report.
    There is now a Flood Alert for the River Anker in Nuneaton and North Warwickshire .
    Low-lying land and roads between Nuneaton and Tamworth on the River Anker and between Temple Mill and Ratcliffe Culey on the River Sence
    Last edited by Margaret; 12-02-2014 at 10:50 AM.

A landslip has closed the railway between Leamington and Banbury: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-26191090
    Last edited by Lex; 15-02-2014 at 04:09 PM.

Pillar of the Community

We have had gusts of 69 Knots here which is Hurricane force. It blew gale force 12. Incredibly- our fences remains with all but one panel attached but flapping on one side that has become unhitched. The sea breached the defenses in places further down the Island and some streets were awash. I hope you are all OK?