Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily life over the garden fence chat.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Now the nursing homes in Leamington aren't receiving visitors. We were planning to visit our former elderly neighbour.
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

I have just heard from a friend that, Ireland has gone into lockdown since noon today - whatever that means. All the schools are closed from tomorrow.
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

Whilst I accept that countries are doing what they believe will protect their own, I think that this will be rather unproductive long term.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Well, it's all hit the fan. And people thought Brexit was going to hit us hard....

I'm not totally convinced about this Lex. I have more than a sneaking suspicion that this closure of public meeting venues is more to do with the government's fear of public insurrection than spreading the virus.

I'm also amused at how many are seeing school and work closures as an early holiday and are heading for the coast. Some caravan sites are even advertising 'isolation pods (caravans)' for hire by the week!

Looks like we're in for some good weather over the weekend!

The past couple of days have been distinctly chilly!

Am I the only one to detect more than a slight hint of social engineering going on here?

- Lord Byron.

I'm going to write a thriller Margaret...

An over populated world
    An ageing, but largely billigerant population
    An ageing, but economically inactive population
    An ageing, but medically dependant population
    A powerful group of world leaders (Bilderberg?)
    A nation that has developed a bio agent that mimics flu, but predominantly targets the elderly

How an I doing for starters?

Add in, that China is now trying to be the white knight on a charger, but is also quietly buying up assets in the worst affected countries!

I doubt anyone'd believe me. LOL
    Last edited by rebbonk; 02-04-2020 at 12:34 PM.

You hit so many bullseyes (home runs across the pond) I've lost count.
    There has been extensive comment on the alt-media about Doctors Birx and Fauci who are the leading medics that Trump has.
    Fauci was the Aids guy who said (wrongly) it was a virus and (wrongly) that it would affect the general population.
    Birx makes these statements about how clever young people are with computer games and how older people must learn from them.
    Both are hideous globalists. The theory is Trump knows they are enemies but in the old adage keeps his enemies closer than his allies.
    And the thing is. - let's not forget - weapons need delivery systems. People are rather imperfect delivery systems. which would explain you would need a high concentration of affected (i.e Italy which has a large number od Chinese working there) to try to take out as many as possible.
    Happy days are here again. la la la la la la la la la la. - happy days are here again.

Another productive Sunday going for a walk this morning & enjoying the sun in the garden this afternoon.

Its been a gorgeous day and lovely evening. My son went for a walk to Shrewley and said he spotted a turtle by the Canal and saw it going into the water. Maybe it is an escaped turtle or something. He regretted that he didn't have his camera with him.
    He said there is a Pub called the Durham Ox Pub which he has been to in the past.
    Last edited by margaret; 19-04-2020 at 07:47 PM.

- Lord Byron.

Likely a terrapin Margaret. There's plenty colonising our canals after being set free by owners that couldn't be bothered to look after them any longer.

You'll often see moorhens missing a foot where the terrapins have grabbed at them.

CART
    Last edited by rebbonk; 19-04-2020 at 09:50 PM.

Thanks Rebbonk, I am pretty sure that is what he saw, only I couldn't think of the name for it.
    I'll send him the link.

- Lord Byron.

Well, I seem to be in the dog house.

Just before I retired to bed this morning (2:30 AM ish) the cat decided to go out. I waited a few minutes before announcing to the dog, "that's it, she can stay out I'm not waiting up all night for her." Not having to fight two animals for bed space I slept very well.

On waking, I opened the door to a very vocal cat, who proceeded to march straight past me and tuck into her food. I left her eating whilst I took the dog out.

The cat has spent most of the afternoon on the settee, sulking with her back turned to us both.

I topped the petrol tank in my car up a couple of days ago - never thought I'd pay £1 a litre again!