Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253

Thread: Daily life over the garden fence chat.

Pah! I've only just closed the windows and the heating is most definitely not on!
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Mine came on at 17:00 and I went to one of the radiators... Oooh, warmies.
    Cool

I didn't realise we'd had enough rain for flood warnings: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-67615103

The problem is that we've built over so much of the land that rather than soaking in the rain flows off into rivers that can't handle the volume. - Basically, we didn't plan properly and were over populated. - BTW, I'm grumpy this morning!

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Do any of you wear masks out and about , well mostly shopping ?
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

All of mine have been firmley shoved to the back of my sock drawer.

Quote Originally Posted by margaret View Post
    Do any of you wear masks out and about , well mostly shopping ?
    Not as long as I've got a hole in my bottom! - Nothing more than 'compliance' to a bullsh*t plague and imbecilic regulation.

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    Not as long as I've got a hole in my bottom! - Nothing more than 'compliance' to a bullsh*t plague and imbecilic regulation.
    Yes fine but , how come the test strip can show up as positive when someone tests themselves. What is it positive with?
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

Quote Originally Posted by margaret View Post
    Yes fine but , how come the test strip can show up as positive when someone tests themselves. What is it positive with?
    Bottom line, I can't answer your question, Margaret. The test units are notoriously unreliable giving both false positives and negatives. However, I've never taken a test, and have no intention of ever taking one.

The inventor of the PCR test did say that it wasn't suitable for this particular purpose.

I was told that kids were putting orange juice onto the test units to get positives to avoid school, but I have no personal experience of this.

Well, the weird thing is, I have what you would call a slight head cold, a bit stuffy and snuffly. Nothing worse than that. But I did take a covid test and it showed positive, that was on Sunday. Now today , I tested myself again and it shows Clear. So whatever I was supposed to have showed up in the beginning , I don't know….
    Keith is also got achy back but he is clear of covid.. I do keep the flow tests in the house in case I want to test myself , they are supposed to be 99%. accurate.. Folks don't bother wearing masks these days and what ever is going round spreads.

- Lord Byron.

If I remember correctly, covid-19 was just a variation of the cold virus anyway, so you might have a run of the mill cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    If I remember correctly, covid-19 was just a variation of the cold virus anyway, so you might have a run of the mill cold.
    Yes, Lex, It feels just like a mild common or garden cold.

But when I read of all the mutations and strains from Covid virus it does make me wonder what the hell they are thinking of chucking at us next, are they manufacturing all those weird viruses.

- Lord Byron.

Apparently, a few UFOs have been seen in the area over the last few years. It's a load of rubbish in my books: https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/ne...orted-28874943

I'm not really a believer. All sorts of things can play tricks with your sight (and/or mind).

When we (UK and USA) were developing certain aircraft, the sighting of UFOs was encouraged to disguise what we were doing!