Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily life over the garden fence chat.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

I think Dr. Yeadon is trying to be scrupulously fair.
    What we have here is a new technology on the back of old vaccines. Think about this. We are not stimulating the immune system to produce anti bodies to render some ailment ineffective. A technology is being introduced into the body to actually produce the ailment itself. If you apply the systems approach to the body, the first question to ask is " what is this doing to the immune system?" You are not asking the immune system to combat the enemy. But the enemy itself is being mass produced within the body itself. The immune system is at huge risk of collapsing because it is simply unable to read the messages being sent to it. What is going to happen to the bodies susceptibility to other diseases? (Jenner's vaccine saw an exponential rise in TB rates). No one knows, even the medium term let alone the long term effects of this experimental technology.. But we do know that the Pharma companies and by extension the government have complete immunity.
    Just a couple of points on vaccines generally - that is the older style ones. The historical record is quite clear on this. improvements in public health followed improvements in sanitation, hygiene, housing, clean water & diet. Vaccines were either ineffective or noxious.
    TB rates fell 100 years before the introduction of vaccines, due to better water. Polio fell for the same reason (and even increased but was renamed aseptic meningitis).
    Major epidemics follows both world wars and were due to the near complete collapse of public health systems.
    Dr. Yeadon makes some good points. But you can sense through the interview that he knows far more than he is letting on. Because his is aware that he is dealing with formidable opponents, who are entrenched in power at the highest level. I had to give a wry laugh when he said we live in a liberal democracy. Please.
    Last edited by margaret; 09-04-2021 at 08:11 AM.
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

The third part of the interview

Link
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Fourth part of the interview

Link

This has tickled me something wicked. They knew the alleged risks and then panic sets in. What do they think A&E can do, extract the vaccine?

People who have had the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine are seeking help at A&E despite having only mild side-effects such as headaches, in the wake of the controversy over whether the jab causes blood clots.

Emergency medicine doctors in England told the Health Service Journal that a growing but unspecified number of people who were anxious after having the Oxford/AstraZeneca jab were coming to A&E units, some apparently after being advised to do so by a GP.

Dr Katherine Henderson, the president of the Royal College of Emergency Medicine, confirmed the trend to the Guardian.
    Source and more details Guardian

“I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

The establishment don't like him, do they? I can pick several holes in that Reuters piece using readily available 'approved' sources.

Of course, this all adds to the confusion that the man in the street faces. Does he believe and trust governmental sources, or does he trust those that have an opposing view? - Even Government advisers are in agreement with some of Yeadons points as regards the younger elements and the need for a vaccination.

I'll still not be rushing forward for a jab, those that feel the need are more than welcome to take my place in the queue.

Incidentally, the Johnson and Johnson vaccine is also being investigated for blood clotting abnormalities.
    Last edited by rebbonk; 10-04-2021 at 02:34 PM.

My new avatar is a photo of a Blair Tower, where I used to live in a little Scottish village in my childhood days, nearly all the kids from the area explored that Tower, and played there. The tower or folly, as its called, is now a listed building, built in the 19th century. The area was very wooded at the time. A great place to explore.
    In fact the whole of Oakley, where I lived was a great place for exploration, we had hills , streams, and woods, steam trains, and a very friendly farmer we could visit his farm , we were seldom indoors in our free time.
    Last edited by margaret; 13-05-2021 at 07:23 PM.

- Lord Byron.

I grew up with Coventry still rebuilding a lot of war-time damage. I think it's fair to say that as kids we were never bored.

When I worked in Poland (mid-2000s) it reminded me so much of those days in Coventry.

Have you since visited Poland Rebbonk?
    Did you learn the language? (daft question, I know, but curious)
    We have a Polish community here in Leamington, they love it here.

- Lord Byron.

I worked in Krakow for about a month, it was when the Pope visited. I had a great time, I stayed in a hotel suite overlooking one of their well-tended parks. I was sub-contracting for Motorola.

I learned a few words, just to be sociable but found that most of the Poles spoke passable English. I was running management courses out there and one of the 'rules' was that only English was to be spoken.

I have a wealth of stories from there, most definitely not suitable for polite company. An older lady staying in the hotel took a bit of a shine to me which was rather awkward and I ended up hiding behind the counter in a coffee/book shop to escape from a couple of hookers who had gotten the wrong idea. The owner of that shop didn't half laugh!

I've never returned, but I'd go back tomorrow under the right circumstances.

I think Spanyawa ? means , wonderful in Polish. Mind you, following on from what you said, you have to be careful with the younger Poles, because they are liable to tell you some rude words in Polish and then ask you to pronounce it whilst they s n i g g e r away.
    Talking about hookers they are everywhere, I remember when we went to Madrid, my husband was propositioned, he was just walking a little ahead of me, and this woman clicked and motioned him with her arm , and said 'vamos', which means, lets go. He didn't know much Spanish then but he does know Latin, so he said to her, '' abii'' go or depart from me!
    Last edited by margaret; 14-05-2021 at 05:40 PM.

- Lord Byron.

Wspaniale, Margaret.

Hello, czesc.

Good Morning, dzien dobry.

Good bye, do widzenia.

Dinner time, czas na obiad.

Coffee, Kawa.

Beer, piwo.

Please, prosze

Thank you, dziekuje ci.

That's about all I remember, though I did know more at the time. Living amongst the people is the best way to learn a language.

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    Wspaniale, Margaret.

Hello, czesc.

Good Morning, dzien dobry.

Good bye, do widzenia.

Dinner time, czas na obiad.

Coffee, Kawa.

Beer, piwo.

Please, prosze

Thank you, dziekuje ci.

That's about all I remember, though I did know more at the time. Living amongst the people is the best way to learn a language.

Now Polish words look so hard to pronounce.
    Did you mean, Wspaniale, means Margaret?

- Lord Byron.

Quote Originally Posted by margaret View Post
    Now Polish words look so hard to pronounce.
    Did you mean, Wspaniale, means Margaret?
    Almost. Wspaniale means wonderful

My laptop packed up yesterday, so I'm reduced to accessing the interweb via my phone - bit frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    My laptop packed up yesterday, so I'm reduced to accessing the interweb via my phone - bit frustrating!
    Mine's just 2 years old and playing me up, I'm not happy! - I'll buy another rather than fit another disk drive to this one. It's normally keyboards that I go through.