Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: Daily life over the garden fence chat.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

AMAZON courier service
    I order an item (vacuum cleaner) from John Lewis who apparently use Amazon courier for deliveries. My parcel was apparently delivered Dec 19, we were in all day, and did not hear anyone come to the door, there was no ticket left to say they came nor did we receive a phone call prior to delivery as is the normal practice.
    Anyhow, Amazon can no longer trace what has happened to my item , they tell me it is missing or was lost in transit!
    My question is, was it stolen, was it taken back to the depot which would have been Oxford. Amazon have no clue as to what has happened to it and inform me to contact John Lewis to inform them about the problem., which I have and they in turn tell me that Amazon will phone me tomorrow, some supervisor or something. What that will achieve I know not!
    The worry is if parcels get lost or nicked, it can then be opened and ID information from the customer invoice can be stolen. I wonder if this kind of thing goes on.
    Last edited by margaret; 29-12-2020 at 02:14 PM.
    I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.

- Lord Byron.

I've never had a problem with Amazon, but nothing but trouble with Royal Mail. (RM can't even find my house half of the time!)

What I've learned (the hard way) is that if you are mug enough to do the leg work they'll let you do it. These days a non-delivery gets reported to the sender (that's where my contract lies) and I then step back and let them sort it.

As regards the rest of your comments Margaret, it depends on what information is contained with the parcel. I know most only use the last 4 digits of a credit card, but if it's an invoice with full credit card number...
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Still don't have our parcel. It may be delivered this week, but now with total lockdown , who knows?
    I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.

- Lord Byron.

How come if we are in complete lockdown there are still flights going over our house? I got up around 03:30 , then heard an aeroplane , I looked out it was quite low with lights flashing. What the heck is going on? Maybe vaccine supplies being flown in.
    Last edited by margaret; 05-01-2021 at 06:06 AM.

- Lord Byron.

I've had a feeling for a while now that the government hasn't really been paying attention to the little details.

The government are only seeing what they want to see. There's plenty they are turning a blind eye to.

And it looks like it's going to be the a**e end of summer before we can even think about getting things back to normal.

But it's not all bad, Lex. The soaps can continue filming to keep us entertained.

That's it, I'm throwing all my sharp objects away!!

Just to log how many times we switch the kettle on in a day, I have started to count the number of times we head to the kitchen to make a cuppa, coffee or tea. So far in the morning up till 09:00 it was 5 times. Now to monitor the afternoon, and evening.
    I am doing this because we were thinking of just buying a large flask and fill it with hot water to make tea. We shall see how it goes.

- Lord Byron.

That's a good idea, Margaret. I often think of making a flask of coffee for work, but never manage to get my act together enough in the mornings to do it.