Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Daily life over the garden fence chat.

Saw my first bumble bee of the year this afternoon - spring is on the way!

We also saw a fat bumble bee out foraging. It was a beautiful very spring like warm day too.

Those scratch cards, do people ever win anything on them?

I never buy them - waste of money in my books!

Yes, I would agree Lex, but a certain shop I go in hands them out free when you make a purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by margaret View Post
    Those scratch cards, do people ever win anything on them?
    I have never bought one.

I also stopped playing the lottery when they refused the RNLI a grant because 'they didn't save enough people'! Yet they funded illegal immigrants to appeal deportation.

I think I mentioned my new washing machine which is fine except you can't go out and leave the washing on, as when the cycle finishes it just keeps bleeping, bleep, bleep, bleep, till you get home. What a useless function!

After our discussion about washing machines, ours decided to play up. We had a new one delivered yesterday (Zanussi again) and it looks to be pretty good.

It also beeps at the end of the wash, but the beep can be turned permanently off by pressing a couple of buttons.

Could you use the 'nightwash' feature Margaret if you want to go out? - That usually doesn't bleep. Also, by doing an internet search on make and model you might find a way of turning the bleep off. I found the turn off instructions buried deep in the manual, where I wouldn't have expected to!

How long did you have your last washing machine rebbonk. it seems to have packed up too soon. What make was it?

My present one is a Zanussi Lindo100. It doesn't appear to have a 'night wash' option. It has a short cycle at 30 degrees, Cottons, at higher temps. Eco cycle . Synthetics, Delicates, Wool/Handwash, and a quick refresh 20 minute, refresh cycle. with 3 spin options.
    However, I did manage to consult my manual and discovered that I can deactivate the acoustic bleeps/signals, by pressing the Programme and Temperature buttons together for about 4 seconds. But in the event of the appliance malfunctioning, the bleep signal will still operate.
    So, next Time I do a wash I shall follow the instructions and deactivate the bleep.
    Good job you prompted me to search my manual. Thanks.
    Last edited by margaret; Yesterday at 06:38 AM.

Hi Margaret, the old one was over 10 years old and had taken one heck of a hammering, so I wasn't overly upset at it having to go. The inlet valve block failed and it was going to cost me 40 for parts, plus the bearings were starting to rumble and I wasn't about to change them myself.

Glad you found out how to disable the bleep. We've bought the Lindo300, mainly because of the animals and so that we can wash our own duvets.