Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Daily life over the garden fence chat.

Glad you enjoyed it Lex.

We've spent a couple of afternoons at a canal-side pub this week. - Very enjoyable and surprisingly quiet.

Sadly, Monday we are to attend Mrs R's mother's funeral. She was 86 so had a decent innings though the last few years were not of the best quality.

I'm sorry to hear that Rebbonk - my condolences. Hope you & Mrs R. are bearing up ok.

We're OK thanks Lex. Mrs R's mother's health hadn't been good for a while, so although a bit of a surprise, it wasn't exactly unexpected.

After the problems earlier this year I thought we'd lose my mum first. IIRC our fathers died within a couple of weeks of each other. - But that was 20 years ago.

Today's funeral was a bit of a non event. The ceremony was very good (non religious) but the sisters from the two marriages are as divided as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Has a very strange experience today - I actually saw a BMW driver use their indicators!
    It gets stranger; I was following a BMW last week, and the driver used their indicator at 2 consecutive junctions. I nearly crashed!

Having become a BMW driver (I know, I know!) I can tell you that I do indicate. However, I have noticed that other drivers do tend to give me a wide berth and treat me with suspicion. I have also noticed that BMW and Audi drivers seem to be very poor at indicating and lane discipline. -The darker the car, the worse they seem to be.

I followed another BMW today, which happily refused to indicate & tale-gated the car in front. I felt a bit of normality return to my life.

Anyone else spot the Red Arrows skirting North Coventry just before 1300hrs today?

Unfortunately, I was the other end of the county. I had read that they were due to make an appearance in the area though.

I've spent a rather pleasant afternoon in a beer garden with some friends, I'm now sat at home with a glass of wine, waiting for my Sunday dinner to cook.

We've just had a big row!

I've always told Mrs R when cutting the lawn to have the electric flex over her shoulder so that she can't inadvertently run the mower over it. She always tells me to b*gger off and mind my own business. She's just run the mower over the cable and sliced it in half!

I'm afraid she got rather a large dose of engineering and sexist, not to mention bad, language. She's now not talking to me, so it hasn't all been bad!

Whilst having a pint by the canal yesterday, I noticed a slight yellowing of the leaves. - Winter's on its way!

Yep, summer's over - 9 months of rain on the way!

It wasn't raining when I took the dog out this morning, but I was soaked when I returned!

I've just re-taxed the car over the internet.

It took less than a minute and as I put my credit card away Mrs R said, "Post Office tomorrow, then?"

"No," I said, "it's done."

"Bl**dy Hell," says she. "The government must have done something right, you didn't lose your temper!"

I think that says something about other online payment sites I use.

I re-taxed my car a couple of weeks ago -I couldn't believe how quick it was.