Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 177 to 192 of 207

Thread: Daily life over the garden fence chat.

  1. #177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    My mum loves logan berries. - You don't seem to see them in the supermarket very often these days.

    Well, the weather forecast was wide of the mark round here. A 'stiff' breeze is how I would describe things and it has just started drizzling.
    My 5 year old fig tree is loaded this year. My son is making fig and ginger jam next week.He doesn't know yet.!!

  2. #178

    Default

    Hope it doesn't rain too much over the next few weeks. I'm having an owl box made, so when my trees are pruned this year the tree surgeon is going to fix it for me. It has to be about 5 metres from the ground so I'm hoping to attract an Olly in the groove of the trunk.
    Hope it works. It will cut the amount of pigeons too.

  3. #179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cathidaw View Post
    My 5 year old fig tree is loaded this year. My son is making fig and ginger jam next week.He doesn't know yet.!!

    Cathy, I didn't know that figs ripened in this country, I love figs. When I lived in Kent, our house was next to a nursing home with a fabulous big fig tree in the garden. (I can't recall if it produced fruit), I don't know how old it was but it looked quite big and mature. It overhung our garden and gave us some privacy. I loved the big leaves. But eventually a neighbour next to the nursing home complained that the roots were too near his garage, causing damage , which I think was exaggerated nonsense. Sadly, however, the beautiful fig tree had to go, it was cut down and destroyed!

  4. #180

    Default

    I'm sure most of us are aware the neighbourhood watch scheme.
    Just this morning I answered the door to what you might call a scruffy , dodgy looking bloke enquiring if I wanted any gardening tools sharpened. He started off by saying he had done work for us in the past, when that it a blatant lie, I had never seen him before. I don't normally open the door to callers, but I did feel a little vulnerable, and quickly said, no thanks. Normally if I am on my own, I go out the back door and out the back gate to see who is there. They have no chance if they wanted to try something funny.

  5. #181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Finebyme View Post
    Cathy, I didn't know that figs ripened in this country, I love figs. When I lived in Kent, our house was next to a nursing home with a fabulous big fig tree in the garden. (I can't recall if it produced fruit), I don't know how old it was but it looked quite big and mature. It overhung our garden and gave us some privacy. I loved the big leaves. But eventually a neighbour next to the nursing home complained that the roots were too near his garage, causing damage , which I think was exaggerated nonsense. Sadly, however, the beautiful fig tree had to go, it was cut down and destroyed!
    I didn't know at the time but fig trees need a restricted growth area for the roots.Quite by chance we planted it in an old concrete fishpond in the garden.

  6. #182
    Super Moderator rebbonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Finebyme View Post
    I'm sure most of us are aware the neighbourhood watch scheme.
    Just this morning I answered the door to what you might call a scruffy , dodgy looking bloke enquiring if I wanted any gardening tools sharpened. He started off by saying he had done work for us in the past, when that it a blatant lie, I had never seen him before. I don't normally open the door to callers, but I did feel a little vulnerable, and quickly said, no thanks. Normally if I am on my own, I go out the back door and out the back gate to see who is there. They have no chance if they wanted to try something funny.
    We regularly get this type of thing. I have absolutely no qualms about telling them to b*gger off and shutting the door. Mrs R makes the mistake of engaging with them, then can't get rid of them.

  7. #183
    Super Moderator rebbonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    381

    Default

    WARMING!!!

    If youse gets a link called 'free porn' dont opin it?!!#*

    It is a birus wich deactivate you spellcheck and garblis up you riting. I also receibed it but lukily I dont does porn so I dint opin it.

    Warn al1 you vriends!

  8. #184

    Default

    Fanx fu the wornin.


    I get annoyed with the ones who phone and wait to clear their throats before they speak. You know the ones, usually named Roger, Henry, or even Brian, with an accent as thick as black treacle
    Last edited by cathidaw; 16-11-2017 at 10:11 PM.

  9. #185
    Administrator Lex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Stratford
    Posts
    4,618

    Default

    Hahahah!!

  10. #186

    Default

    I don't think human head transplants could ever work!





    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Canavero.html
    Last edited by Finebyme; 18-11-2017 at 05:13 PM.

  11. #187
    Administrator Lex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Stratford
    Posts
    4,618

    Default

    Due to the amount of snow, I'm having a rare day of lounging around doing nothing.

  12. #188
    Super Moderator rebbonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Most days are like that for me Lex, it's called being retired

  13. #189

    Default

    Just relax and enjoy your Sunday lunch, then, have a nap, or maybe watch a film. We've had to clear the driveway of snow and getting to the garden we made a clear patch to feed the birds. It is still snowing though.
    Last edited by Finebyme; 10-12-2017 at 01:51 PM.

  14. #190
    Administrator Lex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Stratford
    Posts
    4,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    Most days are like that for me Lex, it's called being retired
    All right, don't rub it in!!

    I finally gave into boredom, and ventured out for a couple of pints at lunchtime.

  15. #191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cathidaw View Post
    Fanx fu the wornin.


    I get annoyed with the ones who phone and wait to clear their throats before they speak. You know the ones, usually named Roger, Henry, or even Brian, with an accent as thick as black treacle
    today i had a Jeffry call me.

  16. #192

    Default

    On the Buses.

    During this cold weather I often feel sorry for young mothers waiting at the bus stop with their baby in pushchair and often can't get on the bus when the designated area for them it is already occupied by another mother with baby or a wheelchair. So it means the mothers with babies, have to wait in the cold until the next bus comes along. I know there is no easy solution to this problem, but I often think if mum folds up her push chair. it can fit in the little compartment used for bags, but this never seems to happen. Some baby buggies are small enough to fold up. I often want to suggest this but it is awkward.
    Last edited by Finebyme; 13-12-2017 at 06:04 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •