Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The search for Maddi

Pillar of the Community

Default The search for Maddi

It is heart warming to hear that the police have found new evidence and are looking for a suspect to this inquiry. I just feel that for other parents who have lived for years not knowing what has happened to their children it is unfair. I think of Ben Needham's parents for example.

rebbonk

I have views on this Gladys, but I would likely get into a lot of trouble if I aired them in public.

Margaret

It must be a terrible living nightmare for the parents of Maddie and other children who have been abducted or murdered.

I would like to hear your views rebbonk.
    Last edited by Margaret; 10-10-2013 at 07:03 PM.

Pillar of the Community

Yes, Rebbonk, please share your views.Freedom of speech and all that. I still find it hard to understand what possessed the Mcanns to leave her alone with her baby sister while they ate at the restaurant. This is a fundamental breach of safety in any event but that is what they did.

Margaret

Yes Gladys, I believe it wasn't the first time they left the children unattended while they were out wining and dining.
    I believe there was a babysitter facility at the hotel, but the Mcanns didn't seem to use this service , probably because they were keeping the expenses down.
    Last edited by Margaret; 10-10-2013 at 11:42 AM.

rebbonk

I remember hearing about this the day it happened. I thought that it smelled "off" and I haven't changed my mind.

Sadly, I don't think Maddie will be found alive. But I do think that those responsible will be caught because the pressure of keeping such a secret will be too great.

Sorry to be so elusive, but I really don't want to get WOL into any trouble.

However, you might want to read this Clicky thing from a criminal profiler and this 48 questions that Kate wouldn't answer

As regards keeping expenses down, I believe they were both employed as doctors at the time, so that one doesn't really wash with me.

Ask yourself:-

If it was you who had lost a child, would you (and your husband/wife) behave as they did?

If it was you and your spouse, would you face charges of child neglect?

EDIT TO ADD Mods, if you think this post is stretching things, please feel free to remove it. I have no desire to draw WOL into any trouble with the legal profession.
    Last edited by rebbonk; 10-10-2013 at 05:34 PM.

This is ok with me as it adds to the discussion. We'll just have to see if any 'legal people' get in touch!

Pillar of the Community

Rebbonk, you haven't said anything that hasn't already been asked/said in the media. Gerry Mcann is a Consultant Cardiologist at their local General Hospital and Kate Mcann is a GP. There's a huge slot for Maddi's case on Crimewatch on BBC this coming Monday evening. Let's hope it turns something up.
    Last edited by Gladys; 11-10-2013 at 11:38 AM.

rebbonk

Gladys, I think it's all in the public domain one way or another. The truth is there you just need piece it together.

Another couple of interesting links (I guess you know my belief) but take note of the header block on the first, ref Carter Ruck

http://www.cwporter.com/mccann.htm

http://goncaloamaraltruthofthelie.blogspot.co.uk/

I think it likely a dreadful accident happened, and that panic does funny things to people. Trouble is, one lie takes ten more to cover it...

Pillar of the Community

Yes, The British Police wouldn't be investing so much in re-visiting the matter for no good reason. Hopefully, a fresh lead will turn up and provide the path to the truth.

rebbonk

It wouldn't be the first time that the police had "played along" waiting for someone to hang themselves. The guy who killed his building society manageress in Nuneaton springs to mind. All I can say is look at those involved, the strain is starting to show. BTW, are they still a couple?

Margaret

I don't put much reliance on conspiracy theories, and I would like to think the McCann's had nothing to do with their daughter's disappearance and would never dream of inflicting injury on their children, but there are to many things that don't add up in my mind. So I'll play the armchair detective, though not a very good one.

1. I am baffled at the fact that the McCann's hired a car and allegedly made a trip to Spain barely three weeks after Maddie's disappearance. Now if Maddie had been murdered, it would have been in the apartment, so.....where did they conceal her body before they hired the car?

2. If her body was transferred to the car it would be concealed in a bag suitcase or something, so there would not be any blood spots in the car. Anyway dead bodies don't bleed.

3. If her body was left in the apartment until they could dispose of it, then one of the hotel cleaners may have suspected something.

4. Hotel cleaning staff would have access to the apartment, was staff ever questioned?

5. What was hotel policy on leaving children unattended? They must have sussed that these children were being left on their own at night while the parents went out.

rebbonk

Of course Margaret, it all depends just when the clock started ticking...

Do we know for sure that Maddie disappeared on the night that we are told she did?

There is an awful lot that doesn't add up, but I don't believe that the local police are anything like as incompetent as they have been painted; especially in the case of a missing child. What do the UK police think they can do out there after all this time?

There are plenty of people disappear every year, why has this case been given so much publicity? What connections do the McCanns have?

I'm convinced that it will all come tumbling out...
    Last edited by rebbonk; 12-10-2013 at 11:32 AM.

Pillar of the Community

From memory, DNA was found in the boot of the car and has never received satisfactory examination of the fact.(in the public domain) The Mcann's high profile professions gave them credibility and validity to access the top of the ladder aka Mr C and Downing Street not to mention the media. They quickly raised a fortune in their publicity of the case and from what I can see continue to do so but strangely, they have not gone on (as many do) to have another child. So, I do sit wondering how ' together ' they remain as Rebbonk also questions. Like Margaret, I also want to believe they had nothing (other than failing to safeguard their children) to do with Maddi's disappearance.

Pillar of the Community

I know this thread is about Maddi but as I also mentioned the disappearance of other children like Ben Needham. This has to be such a boost for the Needham family who have long believed that gypsies were most likely responsible for his abduction. The same goes for Maddi. I just hope that the little girl central to the article gets reunited with her family.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...amp-Maria.html

rebbonk

I somehow think this body in a suitcase found in Australia to be a red herring. - Though I am intrigued as to why the British police seem interested.

Madeleine McCann: police contact Australia over suitcase remains

British police investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann are in contact with Australian authorities after the remains of a girl were found in a suitcase near Adelaide.

Madeleine was three years old when she went missing from her family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, in Portugal's Algarve, in May 2007.
    The Week