Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: All The Usual Excuses.....

All The Usual Excuses.....
    They are just empty words. For the reasons Gladys has outlined the different processes are not joined up, also, the words are to placate the reader/listener and take the heat off by giving the impression that something will be done and they will look into it etc. But guess what? Give it a little while and the headlines of different tragedy will be splashed across the papers.
    Cool

Pillar of the Community

Sadly, I have to agree, Shizara. Until the Government grabs the matter by the horns and sets up statute or some such similar legally controlled unified process and procedure to be immediately implemented at the outset of any suspicion of abuse, then it will keep happening. It has to be uniform and country wide so everyone is reading from the same page and from the same book but not only that, they need to be communicating together for the child's needs.

However large or small the budget, social services across the country will still fail kids: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-26327411

Pillar of the Community

An Increase to the budget for these services is a justified use of public funds. Spending funds on the new train line into the Birmingham area from London for example may not be totally justified. (in my opinion and there may be a better example of unpopular/wasteful spending) I was told by a WPC on Friday that the Government are aiming to axe 25,000 police officers from forces across the UK which to her and to me sounds nuts. The Health Service are actively aiming to recruit 4000 nurses to train as Health Visitors by 2015 in order to fulfill the need that is so badly served right now shown by the failings in recent childrens' deaths. Our population and the diversity of the cultures that make it up is increasing. So, why are we not stepping up the numbers of professionals in the support systems that will be called upon?

rebbonk

Quelle surprise!

Nothing will change, it's the same old platitudes being rolled out

rebbonk

CCC couldn't run the proverbial in a brewery.

I have a complaint in with them at the moment (I already know they will conveniently rule against me, despite several other complaints in the same vein.).

If we had the right to dismiss councillors and officers for lethargy, incompetence and general stupidity there would be quite a few vacant seats in CCC's chambers!

I have only 1 response to this: doubling over with laughter!
    http://www.coventryobserver.co.uk/20...on-105847.html

rebbonk

Bl**dy hell, you really couldn't make that up!

Let the proof be in the pudding ... Along with other things starting with 'P' such as potholes
    Cool

Pillar of the Community

Apparently, According to the News this morning, the powers that are have decided to meet to decide on out sourcing Child Protection Services for England and Wales. Is this so when it goes wrong and the failings of one Council or another and its Social Services Department are not blamed ?

Good god; someone actually got the boot for this!!!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-27648105

rebbonk

Is it really 'the boot' though Lex?

I'll put money that he'll appear in another well paid post shortly.

You could be right - we'll have to wait and see.

rebbonk

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    I have a complaint in with them at the moment (I already know they will conveniently rule against me, despite several other complaints in the same vein.)
    Well, I was wrong. They agreed with my complaints but passed the buck to their suppliers! Oh, they did say 'sorry!' several times - Big deal!

Bottom line, if ars*hol*s could fly, Coventry City Council house would be an airport! It truly sickens me that we pay through the nose for such slipshod service.

Oh, took them long enough to rely as well didn't it?