Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible Traveller Sites in Warwickshire

rebbonk

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    It seem local councils can't just kick travelers off land where they're not meant to be; of course, the welfare of residents doesn't seem to matter
    This is where I start to have a problem. Democracy is all about majority, not minority, rule. Whilst I respect anyone's rights not to conform with the majority, they must accept that in taking that stance they are going to be at a disadvantage.

The other problem I have with these tinkers is that they give nothing to society, but extract all they can out of it. They leave a horrendous mess and expect others to clear up after them whilst incurring no costs themselves. It is this freeloading attitude that mainly keeps them away from council provided sites, it's nothing to do with being a free spirit and doing their own thing.

Even though I have been here 15 years I still haven't got my head around the idea they can just trundle around, here, there and everywhere, arrive uninvited, set up camps wherever with mobile homes, caravans etc, seemingly not contribute to the community - unless you can call dumping of waste, rubbish, unwanted furniture etc then moving on at their convenience or after a drawn out malarky with the council - a 'contribution' that requires someone having a job to clean up after them that other people pay for leaving me with the impression that they seemingly have more rights than the owner of the said property. Also, I thought you had to have a fixed abode to claim benefits - perhaps they have one somewhere for such a purpose - or do they do legitimate work, pay tax etc because something funds the lifestyle.

What is there to understand about....

If we all made the effort to understand other cultures and lifestyles rather than whipping up hostility like the council has then the world would be a far better place.
    The proof, to a large degree, is in the pudding is it not? Surely this is a one sided argument. Clearly, they do not respect or understand the cultures/lifestyles of the rest of us but the bits that are useful are used to the maximum.

Respect begets respect.
    Cool

rebbonk

It's a shame we don't have a 'like' or 'respect' button Shizara. Well put.

Good riddance; I wonder which public area they're going to ruin next?
    http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/new...n-just-9872423

rebbonk

I picked up a tale that they'd turned up on land at Ash Green. - Not a million miles away and a little too close for comfort for some of us on here.

A bit of quick action by Nuneaton & Redworth Council: http://www.nuneaton-news.co.uk/Trave...ail/story.html

rebbonk

Still playing catch up with the ba$tard$ though. I'd like to see a county wide ban on them.

rebbonk

Here we go again!

A large group of travellers has moved on to a park in Coventry.

The caravans started arriving at Morris Common , off Heath Crescent, Stoke Heath at around 9.30pm on Sunday and there are believed to be around 50 caravans at the illegal camp.

A spokesman for Coventry City Council said they are aware of the travellers on the land and have begun legal proceedings to evict them from the site.
    Local Rag

And as usual, the local tax payer will be footing the bill for the mess this scum leaves behind.

rebbonk

And the merry-go-round continues...

Travellers have moved on to the playing fields at Ash Green School near Coventry.

A number of caravans have set up a camp at the secondary school in Ash Green Lane over the weekend.

Travellers are also reported to have parked up at Keresley RFC.
    Local Rag

It really is about time someone grasped this particular nettle and made it very clear that we don't want, and won't have, this scum (yes I did say that) sponging off the local tax payers. If the authorities won't do it, as the austerity belt begins to bite, it is only a matter of time before the local people get organised and handle it their way.

Travellers have turned up at Asda in Nuneaton now. I'm sure moves to turf them out of the car park will be quicker than the council manage: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/new...-asda-10066953

rebbonk

It's a joke. We ought really start hitting these parasites hard. Confiscate their possessions and deport them back from where they came. Trouble is, that takes some testicles. Something that is sadly lacking in the UK.

rebbonk

And yet more of the scum toying with us...

local rag

rebbonk

One way or another we need to get tough with this sponging scum.

The people of Stratford District are getting a say: http://stratfordobserver.co.uk/news/...ultation-8573/

rebbonk

If that is a genuine consultation I applaud the council.