Thread: Eurovision Song Contest

Default Eurovision Song Contest

Is anyone watching the competition this year? It's a non-event for me; so much so, I only found out it was on yesterday!

I have one ear on it whilst doing other things, which in itself says a lot.
    Cool

cathidaw

I have just watched it...well I was reading and hoping to hear something that made me really listen...nothing did I'm afraid.

rebbonk

Haven't watched the contest since Bucks Fizz won.

I haven't even heard this year's entry

Pillar of the Community

I watched it with my one ear too having only heard early evening it was on. It was as awful as it has always been. Our entry was dreadful; not captivating, scintillating, inspiring or even good. It was embarrassing again so my vote is for the plug to be pulled on screening it on a terrestrial channel on a prime night ripe for better viewing. We are once more left looking like we have egg on our faces across the EU.

Like Rebbonk, I haven't even herd the UK's effort for this year, but I can't imagine it being any worse than last year's effort!

rebbonk

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Like Rebbonk, I haven't even herd the UK's effort for this year, but I can't imagine it being any worse than last year's effort!
    I will admit to not hearing last year's entry either

Pillar of the Community

Sadly Engelbert was off key and flat as a Dodo. It was cringing. I only watched it because in his hay day he was good and I thought if he was as good as he used to be then we'd have half a chance of getting some where but it wasn't to be. The studio mix of his song was a dupe at how he is now in real life screening . Not good for us and certainly no good for him and his reputation. He was chosen because of his huge following in the Eastern Block countries. I wonder how that is now?