Thread: Bedroom tax--what next windows again?

cathidaw

Default Bedroom tax--what next windows again?

I WAS LISTENING TO THE POLITICS SHOW TODAY, A DISCUSSION ON THE NEW LEGISLATION ABOUT SOCIAL HOUSING AND SPARE ROOMS.aPPARENTLY ANYONE WITH MORE BEDROOMS THAN PEOPLE IN A HOUSE, WILL EITHER BE TAXED 40.00 PER ROOM PER MONTH OR FORCED TO MOVE TO MORE SUITABLE SIZED HOUSE. I AGREE THAT IF ONE PERSON LIVES ALONE IN A 3 OR 4 BED HOUSE IT MAKES SENSE TO PERSUADE THEM TO MOVE TO ALLOW FAMILIES TO BE HOMED, BUT THERE ARE TOO MANY SINGLE PEOPLE NEEDING HOMES THAN THERE WILL BE SINGLE BEDROOM HOUSES AVAILABLE.
    sO , WHEN THESE PEOPLE HAVE ALL BEEN MOVED ON INTO SMALLER PLACES AND FILLED THEM ALL UP WHAT HAPPENS TO THEIR FORMER LARGE HOMES? AS THERE WILL BE NO SINGLE BED HOUSES LEFT FOR SINGLE OCCUPANCY WILL THE SINGLES BE PUT IN THE LARGER HOUSES AGAIN, DEFEATING THE OBJECT OF THE ORIGINAL PLAN.
    wHAT ABOUT THOSE WITH OCCASIONAL LIVE IN CARERS, AND THOSE WITH KIDS AT UNIVERSITY
    THIS GOVERMENT WILL BRING OUR COUNTRY TO ITS KNEES, WHICH I BELIEVE IS PART OF THE
    GRAND PLAN / CONSPIRACYTO KEEP US IN ORDER AS IT WAS IN THE 1900s.
    Last edited by cathidaw; 01-02-2013 at 02:59 PM.

rebbonk

It is like many things that come from our inept MPs... Good in theory, but ill thought through and will cause problems in practice.

Don't forget there was also a "hearth tax" Clicky thingy

I have a feeling this "bedroom tax" will turn out to be Camoron's poll tax.

cathidaw

Yes rebbonk , you're right --a cunning slant on poll tax-I hadn't thought of that.

Lets guess what is next for this not-so-free-now country

Bedroom tax? What other harebrained ideas will they come up with next to raise a few coppers to fill the bottomless pot? It seems to me that in the mad rush to top the pot they are forgetting to dam up the waterfall of money falling out of the bottom. It's a no win situation. If I cut the bottom of a plastic milk bottle, put the bottle under the tap and turn the tap on the bottle never becomes full no matter how much water I put in the top and what goes rushing out of the bottom is lost. Can they not make that same application to the money pot?? It isn't rocket science.

We are seeing businesses go into administration, staff in those businesses become jobless and have to join the merry-go-round of going to the signing in centre to start the ball rolling on the job seekers allowance. In the meantime, their income levels have hit the bottom, they are spending less and so companies are not making the money they might have done and go further into debt. That too isn't rocket science.

The answer to this is NOT bedroom tax! Whilst it might seem an answer on paper it is another way of alienating the voter and unless the cause of the drain is addressed and remedied all that will happen if this goes ahead is they will dig even deeper into the barrel of harebrained ideas to try and fill the money pot with no bottom.

There is an expression that says "Look before you leap" which we know means:

Check that you are clear what is ahead of you before making a decision that you cannot go back on.

Does that not apply to government decisions too?

Cool

rebbonk

Years in industry taught me to "never be amazed at the stupidity of people in large groups". - Holds absolutely true for the 650 muppets we have in Parliament.

cathidaw

Another major example is the army.Last month they were cutting down our forces by making many finishing their tour of Afghanistan, redundant. Now they have decided to keep them--for a while --and redeploy them to Mali.
    Not to fight mindyou. The fact that weapons are going too is niether here nor there-er-incidental.
    George Galloway put it well on daily politics.
    Quote... "We are a tiny island trying to act as if we are an Empire still.Get our country right first before acting the big 'we are. We cant keep our pensioners warm but can find moneyto send our troops to god knows where -where we have'nt a cat in hell's chance of winning- with money we cant afford.It makes me tear what's left of my hair"
    He's so right.
    Last edited by cathidaw; 02-02-2013 at 11:48 AM.

rebbonk

Some are not taking this "bedroom tax" lying down. I predict this protest will escalate as more become aware of the reality.

Liverpool says no to bedroom tax

rebbonk

Something I read over the weekend...

Sourced from Mirror online

I don't think we've heard the last of this, people are slowly beginning to wake up

rebbonk

Just in case you fancy joining a protest

Source (for clickable links) greenbenchesuk.com