Thread: Good & Bad Drinking Places in Stratford

Default Good & Bad Drinking Places in Stratford

I've always been a big fan of The Windmill. They have some really good (real!) beers on, the food's decent value for money, and the service is good. Plus, you get a mix of locals and visitors to Stratford for a bit of people watching.

Stratford Alehouse has taken over as a semi-regular watering hole for me; £3 for a pint of some really good local beers is a reason to visit for starters!

Margaret

From the Stratford Herald.

We're hearing Maison nightclub has closed for good.

The building on the corner of Greenhill Street and Arden Street has had many identities, including the Froth & Elbow and the Green Dragon, and more recently Bar M and Bureau. And what about that pink paint job when it became Maison?!

With its future as a nightspot uncertain, we'd be interested in your thoughts and memories of the many pub/clubs that have been there over the years

When I was a mere sapling, the Green Dragon had a bit of a dodgy reputation as somewhere drugs could be bought fairly easily; under its guises of Froth & Elbow, Bar M, Bureau and Maison, it has a slightly dodgy reputation for being able to pick a fight fairly easily. The place won't be missed!!

The Keys & Kitchen in Ely Street opened a couple of months ago, and is a fantastic pub - decent beer, interesting decor and a REAL OPEN FIRE! I've eaten there a couple of times as well, and the food's really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
    We're hearing Maison nightclub has closed for good.
    It looks like this dive of a drinking hole days are finally numbered. Good riddance to the place!
    http://www.stratford-herald.com/3401...wn-houses.html