Thread: Party under the ringway in Coventry

cathidaw

Thumbs down Party under the ringway in Coventry

I was reading about the party for the poor, and homeless in Coventry on ChristmasDay.
    Although I applaud the people who spend time to do this-(I did it myself for 4 years until 2 years ago), I noticed a family who , it was reported, arrived in this country from Romania, last week, with 2 small children and not a penny between them..
    In April the rest of the EU countries will be free to come over here as a right and thousands of Romanian travellers are ALREADYclamouring come here.
    What happened to the LAW that all immigrants should have somewhere to live , be able to speak English, and be able to support themselves.
    This government is rubbish allowing this to happen when many people already living here are on the breadline. An Asian friend of mine's father came here in the 50s, worked hard for get enough money for his wife to come-with no handouts --brought up a family with work ethics, and they've all done well and appreciate this country but tear their hair at our -their- fantasy government.
    Now we have streets of houses with people on benefits who don't work and have no intention of working. I know many of them.How do they get houses, furniture, clothes and CARS.
    BANG YOUR HEADS ON THE WALL--IT WON'T IMPROVE.
    Last edited by cathidaw; 29-12-2012 at 04:01 AM.

cathidaw

I'm not sure, I'll find out.
    I read it in the coventry telegraph. There was a photo of the destitute family with their bags of food , and it was announced that they only arrived last weekend, afew days before christmas.
    With this country's laws in such a shambles and with all the cuts, I do believe only spasmodic checks are carried out.
    Last edited by cathidaw; 30-12-2012 at 12:58 AM.