Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for dinner today

Margaret

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    B*gger! Change of plan. Madam has decided that she wants fish and new potatoes!

Mexican rice tomorrow.

I enjoy a bit of filleted Trout , the Mackerel was for my husband. We try and have fish once a week.
    I think I overdid it indulging in chocolate sponge though. Serves me right!

cathidaw

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    I've never fancied the idea of getting a pressure cooker - I can see it being another gadget I'd use once, then leave it forgotten about in the back of a cupboard.
    On the other hand, I can see myself buying one of those pasta roller gadgets. I had a go at making fresh pasta at the weekend (with the help of a rolling pin & a pizza cutter), and it turned out really well, so I might invest in one in the near future.
    I dont think you'd leave it in the back of the cupboard, lex--far too big.HOWEVER-MINE IS GOING ON THURSDAY.I don't need it any more without family here.I'm having a clear out , with 10 binbags at the ready for theSalvation Army charity van. Tell me please---why did I need 9 assorted colanders?

I came across a slow cooker whilst wondering around the new B&M store in Stratford earlier. I was very tempted - I'm a great fan of leaving food to cook for hours until it's extremely tender and flavoursome.

rebbonk

I paid the princely sum of £15 for one years ago. Best thing I ever bought. That said, there's only the two of us, I'm not sure ours would cope with a family.

rebbonk

Had the daughter over today and time got rather short...

Couple of peppers and an onion sliced and gently sweated until the onions were translucent. Spicy sausages, browned. One bottle of sweet and sour sauce... Mix all together and heat gently for 15 minutes, serve on fluffy white rice.

Not a scrap left, and one very cheesed off dog!

rebbonk

Mediterranean shrimp and rice tonight.

The good lady picked up a cheapish lump of beef earlier this week, so tomorrow I'm cooking a beef, onion, carrot and pearl barley casserole. We'll have that Monday and Tuesday with crusty bread. Scrummy!

cathidaw

smoked salmon -half price from Asda - chips and parsley sauce.
    I love parsley sauce with chips, and as a treat I like tinned processed peas.

rebbonk

Well, the casserole is on and smells delicious.

Tonight we'll have a peach and chickpea curry. - Quick, easy and very tasty.

rebbonk

Mrs Rebbonk's doing a steak pie for tonight. Must admit, looks good so far!

I'll wash it down with a couple of good glasses of Jim Bean.

Sounds good rebbonk We had cold belly pork with bubble & squeak - and the crackling was still crispy!

Pillar of the Community

Smoked Sausage Casserole tonight - leeks, baked beans, garlic and smoked sausage, topped with sliced potatoes with a beef stock cube on slow and long. Yum

rebbonk

I think we've got fish, potatoes peas and parsley sauce. I think (hope) Mrs Rebbonk will do the honours tonight. I have some online courses to catch up on and a book review to write.

We had gammon, mash potatoes, green & runner beans and parsley sauce tonight.
    I've just made myself a black pudding sandwich for tomorrow too

rebbonk

B*gger, just had a disagreement, now I'm cooking. My other interests will have to wait until tomorrow.

rebbonk

So, today I caught up on all I needed to. Still not sure where the morning went, but that's life.

Tonight, we took the dog for a walk, dropped into the local and afterwards Mrs Rebbonk 'cooked' some Birdseye chicken burgers. I must say, that they weren't bad at all. Decent pieces of chicken, coated with what I took to be rice crispies.

After going on a holiday to Italy to learn how to cook Italian food 18 months ago, I've finally got round to using the pizza recipe I learned and have invited some friends round to try it & sample my 1st attempt at home brew this weekend.