Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for dinner today

Yes - at least 4 hours, hopefully 6!

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Sounds good, both. I had pizza tonight, and am contemplating shin of beef for the weekend.
    The shin of beef casserole's been bubbling away for 90 minutes now - another couple of hours today, then another 3 tomorrow.

rebbonk

We've gone for belly pork tonight. Nothing fancy, just comforting and easy.

Belly pork's one of my favourites - a 30 minute hot blast to get the crackling going, then 3 hours at a medium temperature.

rebbonk

Not sure about tonight, Mrs Rebbonk is cooking so it'll likely be chips with something.

Tomorrow I'm doing a lamb and prune tagine. It'll cook nice and slowly all day filling the house with a lovely aroma. Only downside will be that the dog won't want to move from the kitchen.

rebbonk

I thought the tagine was very tasty. Mrs Rebbonk didn't agree and I'm told we're not having it again. So tonight, she's doing pie and chips.

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    Tomorrow I'm doing a lamb and prune tagine. It'll cook nice and slowly all day filling the house with a lovely aroma. Only downside will be that the dog won't want to move from the kitchen.
    Wish I knew where you live - I'd have been round like a shot to try some!

rebbonk

So tonight I knock up a quick Thai pineapple curry. (Uncle Ben's sauce, tinned pineapples and rice, nothing difficult).

Just as I was saying how tasty it was, she says, "I hate to tell you, but I don't like pineapple!"

25 years we've been together and I didn't know!

cathidaw

The shin of beef casserole's been bubbling away for 90 minutes now - another couple of hours today, then another 3 tomorrow.
    I use a pressure cooker for 'long time' food, Just half an hour for shin the day befor and then heat up next day.I don't eat 4 legged meat now-not for many years but chicken stew with lentils, 20 minutes, then take off the lid and drop the dumplings in. Other beans are so quick to cook too.Excuse me all this dumpling talk====I must go-- Starving.
    Last edited by cathidaw; 21-04-2015 at 11:39 AM.

cathidaw

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    So tonight I knock up a quick Thai pineapple curry. (Uncle Ben's sauce, tinned pineapples and rice, nothing difficult).

Just as I was saying how tasty it was, she says, "I hate to tell you, but I don't like pineapple!"

25 years we've been together and I didn't know!
    I use a pressure cooker for 'long time' food, Just half an hour for shin the day befor and then heat up next day.I don't eat 4 legged meat now-not for many years but chicken stew with lentils, 20 minutes, then take off the lid and drop the dumplings in. Other beans are so quick to cook too.Excuse me all this dumpling talk====I must go-- Starving.

I've never fancied the idea of getting a pressure cooker - I can see it being another gadget I'd use once, then leave it forgotten about in the back of a cupboard.
    On the other hand, I can see myself buying one of those pasta roller gadgets. I had a go at making fresh pasta at the weekend (with the help of a rolling pin & a pizza cutter), and it turned out really well, so I might invest in one in the near future.

cathidaw

My Prestige pressure cooker is 40 years old.Bought with 16 books of green shield stamps.In all that time I have had 4 seals and 4 valves. not bad.

rebbonk

Just cooked up a beef casserole for tomorrow and Tuesday. 1kg of beef, 1kg of carrots, a couple of onions and a handful of pearl barley. I'll throw some peas in before I warm it up. It'll be delicious served with roast potatoes.

rebbonk

Well, after a few weeks of mundane meals I've decided to do Mexican rice for tonight. The only proviso from Mrs Rebbonk is that I don't make it too spicy.

Margaret

Something easy today. Trout, Mackerel and traditional English salad.
    For afters, Rhubarb crumble.

rebbonk

B*gger! Change of plan. Madam has decided that she wants fish and new potatoes!

Mexican rice tomorrow.