Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for dinner today

Pillar of the Community

Lovely except I had to look up Pizzoccheri as i hadn't heard of it before. I did Rigatori with a sort of alfredo or carbonara garlic sauce in the week. It went down very well.

rebbonk

Well, the Pizzoccheri worried me because of the cheese, but it didn't affect me. I must admit I did enjoy it.

Mrs Rebbonk complained that the dish was 'bland'! Yet if I use lots of spices or herbs she complains. - Ho hum, some you win, some you lose!

I now have half a cabbage to use... colcannon potatoes? (Mrs Rebbonk rather rudely describes that as a Paddy potatoes! Interesting, as I believe my family do come from Southern Ireland.)

Margaret

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    Well, the Pizzoccheri worried me because of the cheese, but it didn't affect me. I must admit I did enjoy it.

Mrs Rebbonk complained that the dish was 'bland'! Yet if I use lots of spices or herbs she complains. - Ho hum, some you win, some you lose!

I now have half a cabbage to use... colcannon potatoes? (Mrs Rebbonk rather rudely describes that as a Paddy potatoes! Interesting, as I believe my family do come from Southern Ireland.)

Bubble & Squeak tomorrow?

rebbonk

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
    Bubble & Squeak tomorrow?
    A distinct possibility Margaret.

Margaret

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    A distinct possibility Margaret.

I was just about to add a chef gif, but you posted before I could.
    Looks like me with my big pot of soup, only I use a separate spoon if I need to taste it.

Last edited by Margaret; 09-03-2014 at 03:38 PM.

rebbonk

Pasta with a rich mushroom sauce tonight.

Pillar of the Community

The Rigatori dish with Pancetta looks like it might be on the table tonight. Either that or chicken fajitas.

rebbonk

Shepherd's pie and green beans for tonight.

The pie is already made and will only need browning.

Pillar of the Community

Oh Yum, I just love shepherd's pie, that is real comfort food. I attempted a Beef Stroganoff yesterday and there's some left so I think its going to get revamped with rice instead of the french fries we had it with.

rebbonk

Steak and ale pie tonight, with roast potatoes.

rebbonk

Last night I did a courgette and mushroom frittata. I don't think we'll try it again.

Tonight I've got a couple of large potatoes for good old jacket spuds.

rebbonk

Had a friend visit Scotland last week, she brought us back some 'real' scotch pies.

I guess that'll do nicely for tonight.

Pillar of the Community

Both children were home for the weekend but both have now returned to their respective corners of the globe; one to Bulgaria on the 0610 flight and the other to Warwickshire at 1pm. We all enjoyed a lovely Chinese takeaway last night and as there was so much of it, we'll be finishing it off tonight. Yum.

rebbonk

The Scotch pies were ace! Much better than the local stuff, and much more generously filled.

Chicken tagine for tonight. Already prepared and gently marinading.

A warm through and a cup of rice to do later...

rebbonk

Well, the Tagine went down very well.

Mrs Rebbonk is cooking tonight, she's already made mutterings about corned beef hash.

Pillar of the Community

I struggled with 5 portions of fruit and veg per day as the daily allowance. Now they are saying it should be 7. How on earth do you get all that into a day's food intake? Also, do potatoes count? I am wondering what to do for dinner tonight and am even more confused by this which isn't helpful.