Thread: Government passing new laws - how?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pillar of the Community

Default Government passing new laws - how?

Hi All,

I have asked on another thread how they got the Smoking Law passed? To enable more general chat about how they are working I have started this one. It kicks into a discussion we as friends were having last night about this fact and others. One is also the Hunting ban which to all intent and purpose is being flauted regularly. It was the most badly thought out Blair fuelled misnomer but it got passed. The final word has to come from The House of Lords- most of whom hunt, so how? Whether you are fore or against smoking or hunting isn't my question. Its the fundemental elements of our so called democratic society which are being slowly and insidiously weakened.

Now they are looking at reforming the House of Lords to elected life long peers, this is a direct move to change our constitution and take control over our rights for ever. Has communism / dictatorship come to us in sheeps clothing?

rebbonk

If you read Edwina Curry's A Parliamentary Affair I think it might give you an idea of just what goes on.

Having been involved in companies and committees over the years it's all the same. You want something from me, I want something from you. - We'll trade. If we cant trade, we'll bully, threaten and blackmail.

Pillar of the Community

Thanks Rebbonk- but what can we do about it? I have an inbuilt major issue with bullies. Surely, we must not allow them to carry on like they are? We are being railroaded into so many laws about this and taxes for that to the point we are no longer in charge of our selves.

cathidaw

you're right Gladys,
    as I too said in the smoking thread 'they' are after our rights
    ,and also
    I do believe there is a conspiracy
    going on--your sheeps clothing remark , it's insidious and I dont know how we can fight it.
    When I've talked about 'conspiracy before -not on wol-- I'm looked at with indulgence!
    "she must be a crank" (i KNOW WHAT THEY ARE THINKING)

i WONT BE HERE FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladys View Post
    Hi All,

I have asked on another thread how they got the Smoking Law passed? To enable more general chat about how they are working I have started this one. It kicks into a discussion we as friends were having last night about this fact and others. One is also the Hunting ban which to all intent and purpose is being flauted regularly. It was the most badly thought out Blair fuelled misnomer but it got passed. The final word has to come from The House of Lords- most of whom hunt, so how? Whether you are fore or against smoking or hunting isn't my question. Its the fundemental elements of our so called democratic society which are being slowly and insidiously weakened.

Now they are looking at reforming the House of Lords to elected life long peers, this is a direct move to change our constitution and take control over our rights for ever. Has communism / dictatorship come to us in sheeps clothing?

rebbonk

You are most certainly not a crank. Those that refuse to open their eyes and see just what's going on are the cranks. We have walked blindly into the situation whereby our politicians are largely unaccountable and do what the hell they like with us and our country. As long as the average voter has booze, fags, and access to the TV they are content. It is this complacency that has helped the situation to arise.

I tend to hold extreme political views (don't worry, I won't push them on WOL) and whenever I come across a politician (rare) I'm always ready to have a go at them. One of my cousins stood for parliament, and you've never met such a pompous self-aggrandising fool in your life.

I really believe that the people of the UK have gotten what they deserve. As regards what to do about it, the only way I see is some sort of revolution or campaign of civil disobedience.

Pillar of the Community

Gun Powder plot I think is what I have said before on another thread. A Camapaign of Civil Disobedience- great where, how and when do we start? I'm up for it. I've just about had enough of this lot.

Actually- who do you replace them with? That's the worry. They come in with this and that promise but they don't mean a jot of it. They all have their own agendas. I wish some one genuine would turn up but would we recognise them if they did?
    Last edited by Gladys; 09-07-2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Extra additional thought

rebbonk

Well, I guess that you're a law abiding citizen so you'd find things a little uncomfortable. Try looking at the "lawful rebellion" or "freemen" sites. But do be careful, there's a lot of dross and misinformation about.

A couple of sites that I've learned a lot from (After a lot more research) - Mods, if you think these inappropriate please feel free to remove them.

http://www.fmotl.com - leading to http://www.fmotl.com/forum/index.php

http://www.tpuc.org - leading to http://www.tpuc.org/forum/

Expect the cranks, expect the outlandish little green men theories but look behind these. By the way, there are some true horror stories on those pages.

Knowing who actually has what power is a great start.

Oh, and I don't agree with the police baiting that these sites seem to incite. I respect the boys in blue most of the time.
    Last edited by rebbonk; 09-07-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Pillar of the Community

Rebbonk, Yes, I believe I am a law abiding citizen in as much as on balance I do unto others as I would have done unto me. I also respect the police in the main although I have observed some more than jobs worth ones whose grey matter is definitley challenged but then that can apply to any of us with 2 legs who walk upright. They actually have very little if no power and whilst I wouldn't want them to wield a stick of power as this is where the LAW comes in and what an aRRIS that can be, they are a symbol of moderation to civil order. That's it really but increasingly, they are being used in ways that are entirely inappropriate.