Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A conspiracy ?

cathidaw

Default A conspiracy ?

i BELIEVE THERE IS A CONSPIRACY BY THIS GOVERNMENT.
    ANYONE WHO HAS READ ORWELL'S '1984' PROPERLY WILL KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN.
    last week it became more obvious with the rubbish about pasties, blinding us to the real issues. and today we have the government wanting to have legal access to all our e.mails, and stopping people smoking in their own homes. Whats to stop them from having censoring officers for our letters?
    All we need now is the 'see it all' Television set in every home - as per Orwell, watching our every move.
    The Schemes to get teenagers and us all back to work will not work. They too are rubbish and 'they' think we are all blind to that fact.The jobs are not there and will never be there until the banks start lending companies money again so that they can employ people. Grovelling to China is also ruining our country with all their cheap imports.How can we live with ourselves knowing how these people are mistreated. Fictitious jobs are not the answer .either
    Closed shopping centres are a case in point. It's a simple fact --if the shop owners cant borrow they'll all close.
    Then the government will step in and we'll have large government owned 'Emporiums' as in Russia and we'll only eat, use, and wear exactly what they decide for us.. It will happen and we will eventually be able do nothing to stop it. One more nail in the coffin regarding freedom.
    Complete control is what they want
    BEWARE.
    Last edited by cathidaw; 02-04-2012 at 12:02 PM.

rebbonk

1984 was meant to be a work of fiction, not a blue-print!

Interestingly, Camoron (sic) was dead against this in opposition.

Of course, it's all in the name of what's good for us, it's to protect us from those that would do us harm. The greatest threat to this county isn't terrorism, it's the muppets that sit in Westminster.

Sadly though, people will still vote for them at the next election.

cathidaw

Quote Originally Posted by cathidaw View Post
    i BELIEVE THERE IS A CONSPIRACY BY THIS GOVERNMENT.
    ANYONE WHO HAS READ ORWELL'S '1984' PROPERLY WILL KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN.
    last week it became more obvious with the rubbish about pasties, blinding us to the real issues. and today we have the government wanting to have legal access to all our e.mails, and stopping people smoking in their own homes. Whats to stop them from having censoring officers for our letters?
    All we need now is the 'see it all' Television set in every home - as per Orwell, watching our every move.
    The Schemes to get teenagers and us all back to work will not work. They too are rubbish and 'they' think we are all blind to that fact.The jobs are not there and will never be there until the banks start lending companies money again so that they can employ people. Grovelling to China is also ruining our country with all their cheap imports.How can we live with ourselves knowing how these people are mistreated. Fictitious jobs are not the answer .either
    Closed shopping centres are a case in point. It's a simple fact --if the shop owners cant borrow they'll all close.
    Then the government will step in and we'll have large government owned 'Emporiums' as in Russia and we'll only eat, use, and wear exactly what they decide for us.. It will happen and we will eventually be able do nothing to stop it. One more nail in the coffin regarding freedom.
    Complete control is what they want
    BEWARE.
    Blueprint or not, we are following form.
    yOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT ONE THING....THE MUPPETS.

Intent on destroying this country.Even the physical stucture. The Victorian era was bad for many people, but my goodness the stuff they built and invented was great. sadly now much of it is goingdue to 'modernisation.
    Factories have been pulled down for housing estates or used for 'themes of yesteryear' when they were the backbone of this country. Railways gone or uncoordinated , and what's left will be costed out of existance. Old hospitals pulled down to be replaced by palaces with less room for beds.
    Everything's gone mad.
    My friend was rushed in to one of these palaces a few weeks ago at midnight.with heart promlems.Six hours later she was seen by a doctor. They weren't even busy.
    I was a nurse in my other life and this would never have happened.
    I was never a cynic.
    Last edited by cathidaw; 03-04-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Pillar of the Community

Cathidaw- you are so right. It does seem another step closer to being a Communist controlled State. We are being dictated to and it won't be much longer before the present generation will have forgotten what it used to be like- free to live, speak, smoke, eat, wear what we wanted and work in jobs we have had a passion for. I say the latter because now its a case of work if you can where you can and the aspiration to achieve a goal for a type of work is an ideal that few can achieve. Apprenticeships in burgers are about as ridiculous as the pasty tax. Obesity as common as chips - that great British tradition. These simple pleasures will become unaffordable. Where has our England gone and what happened to ' Great ' Britain?

rebbonk

There is an interesting thread on facebook at the moment suggesting that on one specific day everyone ought cc all their emails to a certain Theresa May. - That might be interesting; I guess the government spam filter would be a bit busy that day!

Pillar of the Community

Now that's an idea. Not just Theresa May - DC himself and a few others. I would think they have blocks on all external stuff for this very reason. I tried to email Andrew Lansley's lot and wrote to DC about the nonsense going on with in our NHS but it all got fielded by some one in an out back position for the purpose.

cathidaw

They only want to read suitable stuff, from suitable people.
    All in it together, are we?
    P.S.
    I had a sighting last week of a 'canvasser', our local candidate for the Labour party.
    Haven't seen one for years from any party.
    She had been trudging around for 5 hours that day.
    Almost a reason for my vote.

rebbonk

I can't remember the last time I saw a canvasser. Tories don't bother as we're a Labour stronghold and Labour don't bother as they know they'll get the seat anyway.

For my money, any MP standing ought to be forced to live, full time, in the constituency they represent. That way, they can see and understand problems first hand.

rebbonk

**message delayed due to government monitoring**

cathidaw

Quite my sentiments rebbok.
    I have always thought that, if for some reason, an MP dies, if any other prospective candidate wishes to take his place, he or she should be prepared to fill the vacancy and move there.It would only work if there is a list, very much like the housing list--next on the list has to take the job. What fun !
    Perhaps the richer MPs would think twice if they were directed from above to the poorer areas.
    Imagine Cameron and cronies living in North Warwickshire.Certainly it would bring them down to earth.

cathidaw

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post

**message delayed due to government monitoring**
    Interesting. someone does read us ! !

Pillar of the Community

Yes but how do we effectively monitor them? It isn't a democratic two way process but rather a one way ' do as we dictate ' or else. ' type of Government and one with the ethos of ' I will do as I do but tell you you must do as I say.' How are they able to slide in all of these new laws- reading our emails and having access to everything about us? I don't recall a vote to allow this do you?

Pillar of the Community

Oh and I forgot to ask if anyone noted the change in the Cigarette sales laws effective from yesterday? All shops have to have cigarette and tobacco products out of site - as in under the counter or in a shut cupboard. It is said to be another one of those laws that will not be enforced because it is ridiculous and will be difficult to police if not a waste of police time doing so. I went into a shop yesterday and they still have their smoking stock on show as usual. What are they proposing; that the 'smoking police' trudge round all shops and dob the owners/proprietors in to the local councils? Small businesses are struggling enough as it is. Before long we'll all have to get our shopping from one huge supermarket chain and will only be able to buy what it supplies- Big Brother and 1984 indeed. Its all looming up ahead.

rebbonk

Quote Originally Posted by Gladys View Post
    Yes but how do we effectively monitor them? It isn't a democratic two way process but rather a one way ' do as we dictate ' or else. ' type of Government and one with the ethos of ' I will do as I do but tell you you must do as I say.' How are they able to slide in all of these new laws- reading our emails and having access to everything about us? I don't recall a vote to allow this do you?
    They govern by consent. We allow them to do what they want. How many disgruntled voters actually bother to go and visit their MP and tell them exactly what they think/want? How many people are more than "keyboard" warriors? Should the people of this country rebel, there aren't enough prison cells or bullets available. - Harsh, but ultimately true.

rebbonk

If you want to see how your MP has voted etc. take a look on here. - Then feel free to give them the earache that they no doubt deserve. http://www.theyworkforyou.com/

cathidaw

Quote Originally Posted by Gladys View Post
    How can they be monitored?. I do believe most MPs do their own thing to suit themselves. The odd few get their questions heard.One of the things
    we can do is monitor them from the site rebbok gave us yesterday and question what they are doing -- or not doing.Not enough of us do anything.An earbashing may do the trick.but we need more watchers.
    Local papers I'm afraid , sit on the fence. and I have noticed that controversial letters do not get published.I have friends who are prolific writers to local newspapers on many subjects. But the political ones, they, the editors are afraid of. Local newspapers should give us news, even tho' grannie's silver wedding, and such like keep them going financially.
    ANOTHER TOUCHY SUBJECT COMING UP. I'LL START ANOTHER THREAD
    Last edited by cathidaw; 07-04-2012 at 11:46 PM.