Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Weather

Mari

Default The Weather

Looks like it's going to be a cold week. I'm freezing anyway!

Hope everyone is well and keeping out colds and flu.

rebbonk

I'm ready

Pillar of the Community

Haha - I expect they've sold out by now. It is cold and getting colder. Just Thank your lucky stars you're not in Bulgaria as my daughter is- its -9 today and going to -18 this week. Lots and lots of snow too. Brrrr.

Mari

Quote Originally Posted by Gladys View Post
    Haha - I expect they've sold out by now. It is cold and getting colder. Just Thank your lucky stars you're not in Bulgaria as my daughter is- its -9 today and going to -18 this week. Lots and lots of snow too. Brrrr.
    Brrrhh, I can't imagine -18. I'd be staying under the duvet!

rebbonk

I have a friend out in Lapland cold climate testing. It's cold....

cathidaw

last year when it was so cold my heating went and we couldn't get parts for 10 days...they kept sending the wrong ones. I slept with duvets underneath amd on top.
    Trouble was, I didn't want to move out of bed.

Pillar of the Community

Oh Dear- dreadful Cathidaw. Hope nothing like that happens to you this winter. I'm not taking any risks- I have the duvets all stock piled ready and I have got my Mum's old fur out. Sorry if the anti-fur people are offended but it died many many moons ago. Looks like its a 1940s coat to me but its still in good shape and is extremely warm.

rebbonk

Lapland this morning!

_-33.jpg

Pillar of the Community

Rebbonk- No not doing that one, its bad enough here. I just got back from a walk with the dogs and its absolutely freezing- sun was out but no heat in it at all. You can feel the Baltic air or where ever the chill factor is coming from. Thermals, jeans, jumper, scarf, boots and gloves - under said fur coat.

LOL... I like the MANFLU SURVIVAL KIT
    Cool

Mari

More snow today.

Mari

What's happening to the weather, it's been raining continuous most days for over a week now. High winds lastnight. Hope everyone still has a roof on their homes.
    Last edited by Mari; 29-04-2012 at 11:07 AM.

Mari

It's time we had a break now from this miserable cold , damp weather!
    It's may now, and I have put the heating on, and having a nice hot cup of coffee!
    Last edited by Mari; 02-07-2012 at 06:58 PM.

cathidaw

My excuse for not gardening

Pillar of the Community

Its a miserable Bank Holiday - damp, grey and cold. Its hard to think in other parts of the world its baking hot- 30 degrees in Bulgaria and Oklahoma are just 2 examples. I can't get my hanging baskets under way yet because of the frost warnings. Its May for goodness sake - should be some sunshine and a bit more heat other than the 7 degrees my computer tells me it is outside. Just grim isn't it?

cathidaw

Sorry to be so cheerful but I'm only glad it's not snowing or icy and the rain wont last forever.And I have anexcuse for not mowing.