Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Weather

rebbonk

Coventry gritters were definitely out last night. However, it was quite early (8.30 ish) when I saw them and the roads were quite wet, so much of the salt could have washed off.

Pillar of the Community

Well, the sun's out down here this morning. Its cold but dry and no snow. It tried a smidge of a flurry yesterday afternoon for all of 2 minutes. None since. Its just great to see that shiny round orb in the sky- whilst there's no heat in it yet, its so heartening.

cathidaw

The weather didn't stop someone breaking into my house on Tuesday night.
    I hope their legs are paralysed for the next month.

rebbonk

Quote Originally Posted by cathidaw View Post
    I have no words.....

I'm not lost for words, in fact I have plenty of them but that won't turn back the clock. I can only add to the thoughts of the others that it is a really horrible experience and does have an impact on you.
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by cathidaw View Post
    I hope their legs are paralysed for the next month.
    Hiope there wasn't too much damage and loss Cathi.

Pillar of the Community

Cathidaw, Dear Got im himmel !!! I hope you and your family are OK and also hope the sh**sters that did this freeze in hell.

cathidaw

. They'd been through the drawers and tipped a lot on the floor.Got off with various bags of photographic stuff--easy to carry. ( SOME OF WHICH i WAS PUTTING ON EBAY SO HAVE the PHOTOS) Lots of things on the beds and at top of stairs
    -ready to go..Th e house was still warmbut soon was freezing which makes me believe I disturbed them,
    The only damage was my rear door window which is inside a porch. triple glazed and toughened.I'm still finding glass everywhere.And they messed up my alarm.Also they took a brand new laptop which belongs to my camera club.Police came
    quickly but I dont hold out much hope.
    Not being fond of housework I'd had a guilt trip on Monday and gave the house a good clean and tidy up.
    Wasted energy that was.

Pillar of the Community

Well at least you have photographic evidence of some of it- that may help the Boys in Blue or should do. However, in my experience from what people have said is that they tend to let the Insurers sort it out in replacing the items. I hope they attempt to retrieve stuff and put out their feelers to local pawn brokers and also watch Ebay sites. It doesn't go any where near repairing your losses and the clean up you've had to go through. I hope they rot in hell- the thieves that is not the Boys in Blue. It seems the police have little power and few resources to act on these things. You have lost out and there is no recompense for that. I am so sorry Cathidaw.

cathidaw

Thanks for all your kind words.I was more annoyed than upset.
    The forensic person came about 11.30 next day but the snow had melted the footprints by then. I took photos at 8 am which are so clear. I've been trying to get them to see them..I'd send them by e.mail, but no-one seems interested.
    I'll try again tomorrow.May have to shame them into looking.

I've just had a quick peek at the weather forecast, and apparently there's going to be a high level of pollen about for the next few days. Get your tissues out all you hayfever suffers out there!

Allergy conjunctivitis here we come..
    Cool