Thread: Do you think council tax is too high?

Default Do you think council tax is too high?

I'm wondering what people think, personally I think ours is outrageously high, and we see nothing back for it.

Muppet

The fact that it is rising dramatically aove inflation should be a clue, it's unbelieveable how much we pay, and what do we see in return? I mean really? What do we actually get?

I would venture as far as saying that ALL tax is far too high and council tax is no exception. There are 3 flats where I live and 3 wheelie bins. So far so good except that we seem to share it with all the locals who either generate far too much rubbish to go in their own bins and think it their right to dump it for us to dispose of and pay for. Should it not fit in the bins - which happens often - the rubbish picker upper blokies leave it behind for next week.
    Cool

Bring back poll tax!!! It wasn't as bad as everyone thought...

Apparently up to 70% of my council tax goes towards local education...

I haven't got any kids and I went to a private school so what am I paying for??

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie
    Bring back poll tax!!! It wasn't as bad as everyone thought...

Apparently up to 70% of my council tax goes towards local education...

I haven't got any kids and I went to a private school so what am I paying for??
    I agree that the council tax is way too high. My husband and I (ooer- I sound like the Queen!) are pensioners and live in a 2-bedroom flat in a complex designed for people over 55 but, as it is in a "posh" part of Coventry we have to pay the penalty for its lovely location - it certainly doesn't seem fair to me
    M4gg1c