Thread: Recommendations for a CIVILISED Hen night in Stratford!

Question Recommendations for a CIVILISED Hen night in Stratford!

Can anyone help me?! I'm organising my friends hen weekend and need somewhere to go on a Saturday night in Stratford, but I don't know the town that well.

I really don't want to go down the typical route of drunk screaming girls wearing fairy wings and carrying massive inflatable c**ks around town. I personally would be much happier sat in a camra pub with a decent pint, so I'm hoping for a compromise...

Ideally, I'm looking for a bar/club with live music or maybe a comedy club. Failing this an indie-dicso or cheesy club with a good atmosphere that doesn't take itself too seriously.

Any ideas? All suggestions welcome...

This probably calls for a response from some of our younger members.

The route of
    ....drunk screaming girls wearing fairy wings and carrying massive inflatable .. etc ..
    does tend to be rather synonymous with hen nights.

The best place to start your search for ideas it with the very knowledgeable Mr Google. I did a quick search and came up with many different ideas. Suggest that you get together well ahead of time and discuss any ideas you might have between you. It might be a night away somewhere over a weekend and it could simply involve a party for the girls - even a barbecue at this time of the year - chick flicks, snacks, jewellery party or similar.

I seem to remember having my night with the girls when I was 19. We stayed in, played games, didn't get drunk, but somehow managed to have a fun night together.
    Cool

Pillar of the Community

The Comedy Club at Gun Wharf Quays in Portsmouth fits all you seem to be looking for. It's just a train down with possible change at Southampton General Station and on to Portsmouth. (They might do a straight through now,I'm not sure) Book a stay over in one of the many B&Bs or Hotels and then home on the train next day. I don't know the web address for it but I'm sure if you Google ' Gun Wharf at Portsmouth ' you'll get something to help. Either that or put in 'Civic Offices' (Guildhall Square, Portsmouth) Then ring them and they'll give you the info for the Comedy Club and anything else you may need to make a Happy Stay. LOL.