Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: POTHOLES and WHITE LINES

cathidaw

About a year ago the next road to me was being resurfaced. Overnight a large-very heavy piece of machinery was left on the service road opposite my house.
    In the morning they moved it to finish the job and knocked two deep 12" circular holes in the road ouside my drive- They were there for a couple of weeks after I had told the men.They drew a thick white line around each one.
    I came home one day and it had been done- a very neat job, perfectly level. Now we have a neat good repair . The road is grey the white circles they painted on are still almost fluorescent white--and the centres are very black--they look like road markings. I can see them at night.
    I'm not complaining- we were the lucky ones.I heard that the ' pothole fillers' came from Dundee--well -somewhere in Scotland.
    I have been tempted to paint faces on them
    Last edited by cathidaw; 10-06-2010 at 03:45 PM. Reason: missed word.

A bit of money is being thrown at the problem in the West Midlands: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-30585864

rebbonk

Money ought not be thrown at the problem. We pay more than enough by way of local taxes, the local councils ought do what we pay them for!

cathidaw

I seem to remember that twice over the past few years , Coventry had been given funding to do the potholes.I wonder what they used the money for.
    In 2010 I mentioned a couple of potholes outside my gates which were made by a heavy roadmending vehical being left overnight. I complained and a company from Dundee sent 2 men to do the job--first drawing a circle around them. A good solid job they did too, and the white circles are as clear as ever.I can still see them at night.
    very amusing.!!