Thread: Company move to Shipston

Blackmanta

Default Company move to Shipston

Hello all
    The Company I work for is relocating to Shipston on Stour in the next couple of weeks.
    Can anybody advise on things to help us such as best pub, Indian, Chinese or any restaurants.
    Is there a market ?
    Can people get to the river and where. The river runs quite close to our building but I can't see anywhere to get to it.

I popped up last Friday to have a look at the new offices and Shipston looks rather interesting. I'm looking forward to it although it will mean a longer commute.

Blackmanta

Am I on the wrong forum ?

Anyway, we moved to Shipston last week. Haven't had much of a look round yet but the boys have checked out the pubs, of course.

We took over one of the curry houses last night. Arrived about 10 pm (we booked) and some us didn't get served for an hour and a half
    They didn't even take the opportunity to ask if we wanted more drinks.

Not impressed so far.

Now I can understand why you Shipston people stayed so quiet.

cathidaw

Iwent to an Indian place in Shipston on Monday. Cant remember the name but right in the middle -parked out on the front. Take your own wine.
    The food was good but although there was only one table occupied we waited for about half an hour to be served our main meal after the poppadoms.
    Ok if you want to talk.

Blackmanta

I think the 'bring your own' will be the next one to try.

Our company nights out tend to be us all meeting in a pub (usually the one with the large TV screen if the football is on) followed by a curry.

I had a look on this website for you and have found this;

Shipston on Stour pubs and bars; pubs in Shipston on Stour, Warwickshire # beerintheevening.com

Unfortunately it only comes up with the two - however as they are on the internet I'm sure they might be worth while going to.

Blackmanta

We haven't had another company night out since.

I think the other curry house will be next to try.
    Pity there isn't a Thai restaurant here. That was always a favourite.

Captain Haddock

Default Horseshoe Inn

No doubt about it - The Horseshoe Inn is the best pub in town. Good Food , Good Beer and great atmosphere.