Thread: Stratford Parking charges to rise again

Administrator

Exclamation Stratford Parking charges to rise again

The Council in its infinite wisdom, has decided the middle of a recession would be the perfect time to inflict a further increase in parking charges on the public. Further quelling people's desire to go shopping in Stratford, and further emptying local stores of custom.

On top of that, they wish to put an end to all long term parking in the town, and limit to 4 hours. But that's all OK, because the council have their own private car park where they don't have to pay a penny!

Another world class move by World Class Stratford!
    --==Forum Admin Will==--
    Your Friendly Forum Admin. - Contact me.

Running on empty

I wondered where Warwick got that idea from....

Dexter

...Its the story of Stratford i'm afraid. Very little local democracy. The district is huge and stretches to almost the suburbs of Birmingham.

In fact the bloke in charge of the District Council "Our Les" does very nicely for himself running a garden centre in a place he is councillor for called "Sambourne"..Does anyone know where that is because I don't!

That's it - encourage people to come out, support the local businesses.
    What is the point of making councillors pay for their parking.. they will only claim it back on their expenses. So not only would we pay for our own parking - but we would pay for theirs too. That is what I wanted to spend my tax money on all along *yay*