Thread: Joseph Scofield

Default Joseph Scofield

Joseph Scofield born 1805 was a Master Carpenter and Joiner who lived in Coventry in the 1830s to his death in 1864.He had his son Thomas as his apprentice.I,as his descendant am trying to find out details of Josephs apprenticeship as this may show me where he was born or who his parents were.All I know he was married in Leek Wootton in 1828 but all other sources
    have not been able to show me his birth details.
    Can anyone help.

Pillar of the Community

Default Joseph Scofield

Hello, I don't know if you've already asked but The Worshipful Company of carpenters traces its members back to the 13th C. It is one of The Livery Companies of London. HomePage - Carpenters Company There is also the Institute of Carpenters that was established in 18 something. They are linked to The Worshipful Company of Carpenters. Why not ask them if they can look through the archives or let you do it. Its worth a go if you haven't already.

Think I have spotted Joseph Scofield on a census and have sent you the details.
    Cool

The penny drops... I thought this conversation sounded familiar and I have an idea I have already sent you the census details so sorry about the duplication. If I remember rightly you are in NZ??
    Cool

Gladys> Am going to move your searches to their own thread or one subject might overwhelm the other.
    Cool