Thread: A place to have a sandwich and a drink...

Default A place to have a sandwich and a drink...

Does anyone know of any places in Warwickshire, where, if you have been driving a while and feel like stopping to have a drink and a sandwich that you have brought with you? I don't have in mind places like Service areas off the motorways, or supermarket carparks am thinking of places like Rutland Reservoir, a park, a river etc. Where you can drive in, have your munch/drink in a pleasant environment and drive away.
    Cool

cathidaw

Ihave often wondered why we in this country don't have these places. Slip roads off the motorways as they do off the autobahns in germany would be great. Often by a river or lake whe one can swim or just rest a while.
    Some people we met stay all day and take boats and things.
    It won't happen. Roads are only functional A -B and that's your lot.

Cathidaw, I had wondered if this was the case in this corner of the world. Whilst functional roads take people from A-B, being able to stop as you described, even if only for short break before continuing on refreshes you for the journey ahead. Whilst Service areas off the motorways have a function in providing food, refreshments and toilet facilities the two scenarios are totally different.

There is another benefit in the non Service area evironment and that is in regard to children who, especially on long journeys, can become fidgetty in the car, tired, fight amongst themselves etc and being able to get them out to run / play off a bit of that energy, take in some fresh air along with a drink and something to eat makes the journey better for all.

Since posting this and receiving Lex's response and noted for future use, I have also heard about Kingsbury Water Park.
    Cool