Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Think Positive

Administrator

HI Abbie, nice to see you on your Bi-annual visit.

It's funny you should mention the stuff about weedy trees Abbie, look at World Class (ahem) Stratford's vision for Bridge Street.

The thing is, I don't want to sound like I'm just deliberately objecting to everything WCS does, but seriously, what is World Class about this?
    --==Forum Admin Will==--
    Your Friendly Forum Admin. - Contact me.

I remember years ago when they blocked off High Street for a trial pedestrian run. It was excellent but nothing came of it.
    Does anyone know what happened to the other trial run, this time of the electric bus, must have been nearly 10 years ago?

gavingriffiths

Default have an achievable plan

i think Stratford needs to think what it can be, not hanker after some utopia of being the best in the world. It's all well and good trotting out WCS but what does that mean. World class - Paris? Dubai? Sydney? It's not going to be that - it's a small market town. But it does have the benefit of being at the heart of the second largest tourist destination in the UK. That's a pretty good head start and a hell of a platform. I think they should start with something achievable. How about the Cultural and Retail Centre of the Midlands? Then we need to hire a professional experienced team who can execute it rather than try and bumble through with good intention and well meaning inexperienced amateurs. oh, and I agree - get rid of all the traffic wardens. There's hundreds of them. It's an embarrassment.
    Gavin