Thread: Warwick Victorian Evening

Leamington (born bred warwick though house price was cheaper)

Default Warwick Victorian Evening

Christmas has now come, my festive cheer does not even begin to surface until about 10:30pm on this evening.

I have memories of the evening from when I was a child, and am now able to appreciate this even more....fantastic idea from all involved starting it at 4pm this year.

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE

p.s. its this thursday, the 27th
    Last edited by f'north; 24-11-2008 at 10:56 PM. Reason: for got to add the time
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - Kebab in the other body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming : Woo Hoo, what a ride

Toad

f'north, I am delighted you are so excited by the Victorian Evening for it is (usually!) a great evening. As one who was involved in the organisation of the first ten years or so (but less so now) it gives me enormous satisfaction that you remember it so fondly! In the early days it was a real slog to get everything to run smoothly (and many cold, wet nights trying to control bad-tempered motorists with no police support) but now it is being run by a committee of committed local people (residents, traders, council etc.) with lots of support from local businesses.
    I really hope it is another success for Warwick and hope you enjoy it as you did in your childhood!

Toad

Forgot to say, the museum is housing a Santa's grotto which, I gather, is open for a few hours every weekday although, mysteriously, not at weekends.

I'd love to go this - not fair I'm ill

Running on empty

Thats a shame, It was a great night!