Thread: Don't ever buy a Toshiba Laptop

Administrator

Exclamation Don't ever buy a Toshiba Laptop

I bought a Qosmio G30 about two years ago, and at the time I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. However today the graphics chips have fried themselves, and my display was showing some serious problems with the computer.

After hardly any searching on the net, I found this page, and to my amazement found I was just one in a long list of mugs who bought this highly expencive paperweight.

My Toshiba Qosmio G30 suddenly developed the green screen problem - Ask Laptop Freak

I can't stress enough how important it is you never buy anything from this company.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--
    Your Friendly Forum Admin. - Contact me.

Well I bought my Toshiba Equium a few months ago and it's brilliant! Goes like greased lightenining, however did come with Vista Boo!

Don't knock ALL Toshibas just 'cos yours is on the blink! )

Administrator

I'm not, I'm knocking it because hundreds of the same model have gone on the blink.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--

Long live RISC OS!
    Cool

Administrator

I thought I put an update as to what happened with this but I guess I didn't, and feel a bit guilty now that it isn't here. After much ringing up Toshiba UK and insisting to speak to someone 'higher up', eventually I got past customer service and the arrogant and quite rude manager, and spoke to someone at head-office.

The gentleman at head-office couldn't have been more different to his colleagues at "customer service" (sic). Straight away he offered me the chance to buy a new warranty and get my laptop fixed under that. He agreed that the cost to get it fixed was very high considering how long I'd had it. As soon as he cleared that, my laptop was returned in under a week in perfect working order.

That was one occasion it was definitely worth the battle to speak to the right person. It changed my opinion of Toshiba, just not my views on their CS team.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--

Dexter

To be honest I think its all the luck of the draw with these things..I had a Toshiba lap top for years with no problems. I replaced it with a Sony Vaio (BIG MISTAKE!!)

So far I've had 3 hard disks (they run very hot and fail)

Two keyboards

Power supply replaced

USB Ports fail

So don't buy a Sony Vaio either!!