Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Middle Quinton Eco Town

Administrator

Really? Let's hope they call one in time, you'd have to be a bunch of ineffectual morons not to beat Labour at this time........oh bugger.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--
    Your Friendly Forum Admin. - Contact me.

Dexter

Doesn't make any difference who you vote for around here its one of the strongest Conservative seats in the country..

Why do you think all bar two of the "eco" town locations are in seats Labour haven't got a hope of ever winning..They are not that stupid in choosing the locations, you don't brass off your own supporters do you?

Administrator

Just found an interesting video which doesn't seem to have been featured in the news, but it's a pretty solid bit of footage for showing just how busy that road already is. Imagine this with a few extra thousand people trying to get to work every day.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK8OkirZydo[/youtube]
    --==Forum Admin Will==--

I think we are all pretty powerless these days with regards to whatever the Government , local or otherwise has planned , I still cannot understand why there are so many old buildings sitting around unoccupied yet we have so many homeless plus we have so many young couples who cannot afford a mortgage , Why don't the local councils waver the rent allow people to move in & repair & refurbish themselves , the councils could would be taking poll tax off them so this would replinish the pot .

Default I'm Rather In Favour of The New Eco Town

Has anyone taken a good look at the old Royal Engineer's site recently? And does anyone remember when it was an operational army base? I don't believe the traffic could be any worse than it was then, which wasn't that bad. And if the new town helps get the rail link back...

I support the proposed new town.
    Last edited by steve newman; 30-09-2008 at 08:49 PM.

I think we need to stop making it so easy for the rich to continually buy houses, so that the poor can't afford their own. There's enough houses out there already, but they're either owned by people who have five houses already, or they abandoned. I make £22,000 a year, and I would love a house more then anything, but I can't afford one, not even these so called "affordable houses". This new eco-town will just be bought up by yet more greedy land-lords, and it won't solve any problems, and the idea that everyone will start miraculously using a train is unbelievably optimistic. Most people don't look for jobs or put their kids in schools because they have a train station near by.

Administrator

I thought I'd add a link to the Bard Campaign. They are leading the fight against the eco-town, and maybe all eco-towns I think. Anyway, their site is worth a look at.

The BARD Campaign - Stop the eco town on the Long Marston site - The BARD Campaign
    --==Forum Admin Will==--

Administrator

Oh another update today. Apparently Middle Quinton is down to the last few sites being considered. I have to say, I'd be totally amazed if this didn't go ahead now, it seemed from the beginning that the attitude was that this is going ahead whether residents like it or not.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--

Well, that certainly doesn't come as a surprise.

Is there a list of proposed eco-towns that will be built handy to councillors or even MPs? More concerning is who will be able to buy these homes?
    Cool