Thread: best shopping

Default best shopping

I was trying to explain to my brother why I dont shop in Stratford, saying that it was poky, there wasn't enough choice and also it seemed much more expensive. I told him that Leamington was the place for me with great access to the shops, wide pavements, a fantastic choice and altogether better atmosphere.
    I'm just wondering what others think? Where do you find the best place to spend your illgotten gains?

Administrator

If you're willing to make the journey, Birmingham. If not, I'd go with Leamington too.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--
    Your Friendly Forum Admin. - Contact me.

Unregistered

Redditch for me..Good range of shops (free parking Stratford Greed machine please note) and keen prices..Kind of ironic that Redditch has a modern undercover shopping mall but Stratford doesn't!

Free parking!!!!

I can almost see the retail turn over in the shops there having a massive increase after that revelation...

Free parking!!!!
    Cool

Kaylee

Smile

If I really want a whole day's shopping I make a trip to Birmingham, but just for a stroll round the shops I'd say Leamington! Nice variety, accessible and up to date
    Stratford doesn't do it for me at all shopping-wise (or anything-wise sometimes as a matter of fact ), but maybe with the expansion of the Maybird centre we might get some more high street names in town.

Kaylee

Default Shopping in Stratford

Totally agree re Stratford shops. I too travel out to Leamington.
    Stratford Voice residents asscociation are starting to work on this issue after most of their members agreed with what you and I are saying.

Administrator

Glad this subject has come back up. I wondered into STratford today, and could barely believe what I was seeing. Yes, Stratford now has its very own Sainsburys! This with the recent addition of ASDA, and god only knows what else the new warehouses on the Birmingham road will attract. I think we now have the entire monopoly of chain stores in the town.

It's heart breaking to see the increasingly small amount of independent stores we have left fighting to survive. I had the pleasure of meeting one of Stratford longest independent store owners recently. He explained in great detail that the mixture of high rent, and low amount of shoppers is killing his trade.

Is it any wonder that no one comes to Stratford to shop, when they can buy the same old crap in any town?
    --==Forum Admin Will==--

Dexter

I noticed this week that that high quality food store (Emery's???) that opened with much fanfare opposite the Nat West bank with much has closed after less than a year.. It's pretty obvious to me that its impossible in the main drags of the town to make a go of it..So many independents go to the wall within a short space of time its pretty obvious the sums don't add up..The only folk that have done ok in the last 10 years is the Estate Agents, but now their time is up too...

Administrator

The one I mentioned earlier in this thread has also closed down. As predicted all the new warehouse style shops on the Birmingham road, and the few minor shops they built, have all been filled up with yet more chain stores. How incredibly unexciting!
    --==Forum Admin Will==--

UKSBD

Castle Quay in Banbury for me.

Went there for the first time a couple of weeks ago, it has all the familiar
    stores (plus more), easy parking, easy to get to, all indoors, nice and clean
    and just a generally nice atmosphere.

Castle Quay Shopping Centre | Store Map