Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No ones mentioned the bins yet...

Running on empty

How quickly the time rolls by - It's green bin day today and yet again, I still have a full bin. Monday will be 5 months since this system was introduced and I have never had my green bin emptied!!! Is this a record???

It must be time to put in an itemised account... Don't forget to include the stress, frustration and any other extras you can think of...
    Cool

Running on empty

Now then, I have been away looking after my sainted mother while dads in hopspital, and on my return -THE BIN HAS BEEN EMPTIED!!!!!! flags out tables and chairs, jelly and ice cream it's a street party!!!
    Question is, Who emptied it? Stratford bin lorry goes past on Tuesdays, was it them or the much promised and never actually happened follow up service from Warwick DC????
    Enquiring minds need to know....

Running on empty

Today,(6 days after everyone else ) my Green bin has been emptied by Warwick DC!!!!!! They have actually managed to do what they said they were going to do 5 and a bit months ago. Hallelujah!!!

Pillar of the Community

Default No ones' mentioned the bins yet

Dear All,
    I went out to our recycling bin tonight to find it hasn't been emptied from the last collection last Friday.I/we hadn't put it out on the road side for collection. We have never had to before.( I sympathise with you folks, it seems like a shambles where you are) Anyway, my Husband and I were talking about this because we have only lived in this house for 4 years. Not having met this before because we lived in a flat and the bins were accessed by the bin peeps at the back of us. It was an extremely disconcerting thing each Friday to find a bin man unbolting the back gate and strolling down the garden path to get the bins. (Yes, 'The BINS'!)
    This simply doesn't happen anymore. I now have the large household wast bin outside the back gate, they don't have to do anything except pull it to the truck and tip it.I didn't want a chappy coming into the garden when I may have been ' sans channel' etc. ( In me jammies for those not french!) Why then did they not empty the recycling one. I have a hunch we might have to take them both to the roadside now. It is a quality slide. I'm emailing The Bin Office tonight. Let's see what they have to say about this downscale of service. I'll let you know.

cathidaw

My black bin disappeared the other week.
    Phoned the council---spokeswoman said it "possibly went in the cart-especially if it was a bit lightweight this week."
    I went out .
    -- when I got back--
    ---nice new bin!
    Last edited by cathidaw; 01-11-2008 at 11:04 AM.

I have put the almost legendary Green bin out twice now. They still haven't emptied it....
    They are probably so busy reading the sat nav that the lorry rumbles past and one of them says.... "Oh, wasn't that chillitt's place back there??" The other one says.... "I dunno mate. Too busy trying to find a new place to hide for a bit. - They found the last one."

You might need to paint it Tardis Blue and put a battery operated light on top. If nothing else it might attract the curiosity of the greenbinmen.
    Cool

Running on empty

Quote Originally Posted by Shizara View Post
    They are probably so busy reading the sat nav that the lorry rumbles past and one of them says.... "Oh, wasn't that chillitt's place back there??" The other one says.... "I dunno mate. Too busy trying to find a new place to hide for a bit. - They found the last one."

You might need to paint it Tardis Blue and put a battery operated light on top. If nothing else it might attract the curiosity of the greenbinmen.
    I bet if I put a plastic bag in my green bin, they would soon find that...(bin not emptied for over a month...)

Pillar of the Community

Default No one's mentioned the bins ... yet

I expect they're hidden now under layers of snow anyway.

cathidaw

I hung my cardboard recycling bag onto the front gate to save it from being blown down the road the other week , when the van came. the man took ages foraging through the bag and I watched him throw out a chip tray and lots of chips and stuff onto my drive and lawn. .( Someone must have tucked them into the bag during the night as they passed the house.)
    When I looked out later the birds were eating all the chips and bits of batter. When it had all gone Ipicked up all the paper and stuff. In future everthing will go in my black bin.----------except for any chips etc I may have, which I shall throw all over my front lawn and drive for the birds!!!!!!!!!!!

cathidaw

I relented and decided to be a good gel after all, so I put out my brand new , strong, bright Yellow recycling bag filled with cardboard and paper, and hung it on the gate.
    Next morning I happened to look out of my window and there was a council feller in yeller, rummaging through my bag, and scattering chips and fishy bits all over my drive and grass.--and greasy paper. Someone walking by the night before had popped them into the top of my bag
    By the time I 'd got dressed he'd gone and the birds were having a party.
    So it's back to normal now and I'm not going to be a good gel any more.

Pillar of the Community

Default No ones mentioned the bins yet

I just have to ttell you this. You think you've got problems in Warks. Well get a handle on this situation because I'm damned if I can.
    Our household waste bin has lived happily at the rear of our house for many years. It shares its existence in a line outside our back gate with those belonging to our neighbours. We have lived here 5 years and in the early days of the Good old British Bin man, it used to be collected from inside our garden by a chappy who would say 'morning' etc If I happened to be in the kitchen and he would empty it in the lorry and return it, carefully shutting the gate behind him as he left.That practice stopped soon after when the advent of RECYCLING was brought in and our new recycling bin was dropped off. I didn't like it at the back and not much at the front either but decided to save space, the new recycling bin would be better at the front after all, Neighbours seemed on the whole to decide a similar action. Lazy days and time went by until " weeks ago with the stinking heat on the bin I noticed a swarm of flies and looked inside to find the household bin (at the back) was still full and had not been emptied. I duely contacted the Rubbish Department by email and waited for a reply. This came with a 'curt' need to let us know within 48 hours of non collection- this has been brought to our attention outside of that timeframe' Hopping mad I replied- That's OK if your here to know of Non-collection except I wasn't. What about people who are on holiday or a weekend away etc. No answer. Then 2 days later a bang on my front door. I opened it and infront of me was a surly man in white shirt and tie with his HiViz jacket on (Why in the heat I have no idea) a clip board and pen with his ID badge flapping round his neck. He represented The Bin people but may as well have called them the 'Bin Police'. He went on about how its no good having 2 bins in different places and they need to be either at the front or either at the back not one in each place. I told him this is where the household bin has always been etc and this is what suits us and where it will remain. He left saying he'd have to consult the manual on this one but would have the bin emptied for me ahead of the next collection.The next collection is due this coming Friday- 3 days hence and I am still waiting. We have taken our more recent bin bags to our local tip now because the other one is full.I'm nearly ready to blow
    Last edited by Gladys; 07-07-2009 at 02:16 PM. Reason: forgot detail

Mindboggling. The powers what be probably sent a memo out to the binmen to only make one pick up from one place as part of the council drive to cut costs because it takes longer to walk around and pick up the other bin. Of course no one thinks to advise the longsuffering council tax payer.
    Cool

Pillar of the Community

Default no one's mentioned the bins yet

Mindboggling indeed, especially as they emptied the neighbours' bins. I didn't know there was a manual on such trivia. I wonder how long it took to write it and who actually did. I expect , it was The Bin Police himself!!!