Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No ones mentioned the bins yet...

Running on empty

Latest news- My address has been given to someone who may, or may not, at some point in the future give me a green bin!!!!
    (I can't help but wonder why they didn't know I didn't have one in the first place... )

Running on empty

Just to add insult to injury, the green bin lorry ran me off the road this morning...
    (still no green bin though...)

Had he connected with you I think it would be like getting Stagecoach to accept liability even when the evidence is stacked against them..

Is your garden big enough to dig kitchen scraps and garden waste into it? - I only have one bin at the moment and would imagine if we had several for different purposes it would become even more popular with flytippers who already plague us, in fact, a vision of a Pied Piper comes to mind to pipe them away and towards the local rubbish dump - so am assuming the green one is for garden or kitchen waste. Can someone enlighten me on that please?
    Cool

Running on empty

Green bin is for stuff to go to be made into compost to sell back to us...
    He didn't make contact, cos I dived up the verge. If he had, the car would have been a right off, he didn't even lift off the accelerator...
    I have dogs, so the burying kitchen waste in the garden thing would be temporary at best... Also foxes and every other dog in the village would join in..
    Last edited by chillitt; 23-05-2008 at 02:50 PM.

You do most of the work, you pay them to pick it up then you buy it back as compost. To be sure they are not losers in any way I daresay there is a fine involved just to remind us that they have the last say. We are only the payers of council tax. I know who is on a win with that one.
    Last edited by Shizara; 26-05-2008 at 04:45 PM.
    Cool

Coo.. I wonder if they think that if they plant them, because they are green they might grown and produce more wheely bins.....
    Cool

Running on empty

Guess what?
    Still no green bin. The rest of the village seem to have one now though...
    However, the big news is... Warwick district council provided a wheelie bin for household rubbish and boxes for recycling months ago, and today, Stratford district council provided 2 wheelie bins for the same rubbish...
    Do you think they will come and empty them? Do you think they will want them back? Do you think I will get a council tax request from Stratford now?

I give up.

Default Stratford Wheelie Bin Fiasco

Some of my neighbours will be turning the bins away as they arrive. Which landfill will the council put those in?

Running on empty

Can I just say, My green bin arrived today!!! Now, who said WDC are useless....

I wonder if you will get a discount - I think not - it seems that you are paying for a service that the council wish to inflict upon you and then the bin lorry does a drive by so they can tick the box that says... "chillitt's green bin" .... except, the bin is invisible... Ahhh... I know, it is a type of tardis and is currently on a mission in another time saving the world from from destruction by the greenbinmen.
    Cool

Running on empty

Quote Originally Posted by Shizara View Post
    I wonder if you will get a discount - I think not - it seems that you are paying for a service that the council wish to inflict upon you and then the bin lorry does a drive by so they can tick the box that says... "chillitt's green bin" .... except, the bin is invisible... Ahhh... I know, it is a type of tardis and is currently on a mission in another time saving the world from from destruction by the greenbinmen.
    I have put the almost legendary Green bin out twice now. They still haven't emptied it....

I daresay if you balanced an old mattress or something on top or had something substantial protruding from under the lid they would very likely see it and be in like big hungry dogs trumping up some litter or tipping charge.

Might be that the only alternatives would be to apply to the council in writing - preferably in triplicate as the chances of the first copy going missing are probably high. Another possibility is a note on the green bin promising a 24 pack of lager at Christmas with a 6 pack sitting on the note. Time it right and you will likely see the tyres smoking as the truck comes to a shuddering halt, reverses up the road for a closer inspection, someone leaps out and takes the 6 pack leaving the invisible green bin because they have had no instructions to pick it up and of course, no one said anything about not stopping to retrieve a lost 6 pack of lager.
    Cool

Running on empty

Again today, they failed to empty it .... I did see a Stratford DC lorry go passed the other day, I might try finding out the rota and see if SDC are more forthcoming (despite paying WDC to empty it.... )

Ok... so I am taking the Mickey out of the outfit that is supposed to pick up the legendary green bin but it boggles me that the councils set these rules, regulations and penalities for not abiding by them, yet, they are not completing their part of the circus and a circus is what it becomes with people having to chase their tails going round in circles trying to get the council to notice them, the fact that a green bin has been delivered but no one wants to empty it.

You can't be in the "Too Hard to Find" category because clearly they found you to deliver the bin in the first place. Perhaps they think they have done their bit providing the bin as per whatever regulations but feel that it is not cost effective to make a visit to empty it.

Whatever the excuse, you have been paying for this service and they are not providing it. I doubt they will give a refund but at the very least they could get on with what they are supposed to be doing. Emptying your bin as per the correct schedule.
    Last edited by Shizara; 16-08-2008 at 11:31 AM.
    Cool