Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 billion redevelopment for Coventry

The Financial Ombudsman Scheme is moving in to one of the buildings: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/new...enant-13179455

rebbonk

And by sub-letting part of this building the council have completely destroyed their argument for building it, as the whole council now won't be moving in.

cathidaw

I think its a good thing. Our station is so old fashioned and now that the road system is better and so much easier to get there it is needed.
    My only problems are with train prices.

Holiday lets in the city centre & offices in cemeteries? Plus, the City Centre South & Friargete development plans are looking very shaky. I'm not convinced this will be the success the council hopes it will be: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/new...-live-14089593
    Last edited by Lex; 01-01-2018 at 09:17 PM.

Put this article here as well as '£1 Billion Redevelopment for Coventry', as paying for the station's redevelopment involves the council borrowing money while they sort the funding out (bit of a bad whiff about that): http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/new...-live-14089593

Just merged 'Major Department Store for Coventry?' & 'Channel 4 to Move to Coventry?' threads with this thread, as they all seem to be part of Coventry City Council's 'big plan'.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Just merged 'Major Department Store for Coventry?' & 'Channel 4 to Move to Coventry?' threads with this thread, as they all seem to be part of Coventry City Council's 'big plan'.
    Ditto for 'Railway Station Refurbishment'

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Holiday lets in the city centre & offices in cemeteries? Plus, the City Centre South & Friargete development plans are looking very shaky. I'm not convinced this will be the success the council hopes it will be: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/new...-live-14089593
    It'll be a disaster. They haven't thought it through properly at all.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

I don't think they've thought about it much at all - it all seems very piecemeal.

Established Member

I'm wondering where the two or three- and more, grants went which were awarded to do this, once or twice, and more, upon a time.
    And where will the money go, which the council was awarded, if Friargate never gets finished.
    It is time councils were asked to account for everything they spend, accounts which should be published for the public to see.
    Its not their money.

Quote Originally Posted by cathidaw View Post
    It is time councils were asked to account for everything they spend, accounts which should be published for the public to see.
    They hide behind the cloak of "commercially sensitive" which they shouldn't be allowed to. Councils ought be completely transparent.

Of course, that'll never happen as certain councillors have far too much to lose. - They all think the public are stupid, which they aren't.

All I can say is that O'Boyle was a union steward at Peugeot. - Need I say more? And I was there the day that production ceased, grown men were in tears.

Established Member

We can't have large store like this empty during our City of Culture term

What would our Neighbours say.! !

More potential bad news for City & County: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/new...shire-14144904

I don't think I've ever been in one of these stores, but according to Mrs R who has visited with her grandchildren, they're rather like Primark, but more expensive.