Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it me?

Smile

Can I thank the above members (especially Madhatter) who have contributed to this particular thread. I haven't laughed so much in years. Madhatter's comments regarding Poles coming over here and...and...(holds sides to stop them splitting) and stealing our women is totally wonderful, I haven't heard anything like that since, what 1953? I wish I'd noticed this thread when it first saw the light of day. Brilliant.
    Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm privileged to work with (what we in the business call) the emerging communities (Polish, Portuguese etc) and don't recognise any of the rubbish above. I suggest that one antidote to the fears that some people are expressing above would be to get out more. Go and meet some of these women stealers, strike up conversation, sign language can be fun, buy each other drinks, discuss politics, laugh, joke, getalife.

Oh yes, for all those 'why won't they learn English' people. Most of the Poles I come across speak two or three languages and those who don't were very ready, willing and able to go to ESOL (English Second language) classes, that is until a recent change in the law made them far too expensive.
    Last edited by ronlyre; 29-04-2008 at 06:37 PM.

Default Polish Men

They would appear to be mimicking the British...

Pillar of the Community

Smile Is it me? ...

Perhaps they are copying the behaviour of our own.I don't think you can single any one nationality out. We have a problem on our shores and it begins at home by example in our families, our homes, schools and our communities. It only takes one bad egg to tar the rest. I live near portsmouth. there are enough 'British' drunks there on a Saturday night to cast a black mark against the population of Portsmouth. Except the majority of us are decent. Get my point? Not all Polish people here are like that.