Thread: Relocating to Warwickshire with young children

Juju

Default Relocating to Warwickshire with young children

Hi. My husband has recently accepted a job in Coventry. We're from the U.S.A. We have three young children, ages 2, 4, and 6. We'll be renting a house, but we're not sure where yet. In your opinions, which is a better place to live with a young family - Warwick or Leamington Spa? Which is safer and has better schools? What is Cubbington like? There seems to be a couple of rental properties in that area. Your feedback is very much appreciated - it's difficult to decide where to live from such a distance.

Administrator

Welcome Juju, I'm not the one to answer this as I don't know which is better for your children. Warwick is smaller then Leamington and a bit more rural and relaxed, this is either a plus or a minus depending on what you're after. Warwick is closer to the main road to Cov I think (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong), so commuting would be easier too. Leamington on the other hand has more shops readily available, and more of a social scene going on. But as they're so close together, this isn't really much of an issue.

I hope that at least gives you an idea.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--
    Your Friendly Forum Admin. - Contact me.

Mari

Juju,

You might like to exlore Solihull, which is not too far from Coventry. Here is a link to Schools, and primary schools there. It is a very nice town .

Solihull Website - Schools and colleges

Hope that helps.

I am sure Coventry itself has some very good primary schools as well. It is an interesting place too.

Running on empty

There was a house for rent in a little village called Sherbourne, near Warwick. This is an easy run up the a46 to Coventry. I have no idea what the schools are like, or even which one serves the area, but its a lovely quiet little spot.( as long as you like horses.. they are everywhere, here!!)

Juju

Default Thanks.

Thank you for your replies. I'd like to be able to walk the children to school. Also, we need a back garden so they can play. We're used to the suburbs of Detroit - lots of greenspace, but we have to drive everywhere. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for your kindness.