Thread: I'm moving to live and work in Nuneaton

KarenApril

Smile I'm moving to live and work in Nuneaton

Hi, I'm new to the area. I've just got a new job for a Financial Services company in Nuneaton and I'll soon be moving in to a property in Queens Street.

Can anyone tell me about Nuneaton? Like places to go what it's like and where it is?

As well as everthing else that might be relevant!!! I don't know anyone in Nuneaton so it's a big move for me so any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

First, welcome to WarwickshireOnline and welcome to Nuneaton.

Nuneaton is about half an hour by train from Birmingham New Street and about 20 minutes to Coventry. This url will probably give you a good bit of background Nuneaton: Definition and Much More from Answers.com

Depending on which end of Queens Road you are moving to but if you are the town end it will be a few minutes walk to the town centre and if you are the other end near the football grounds it will take much longer to walk.

The town centre has your usual range of stores including Woolworths, W H Smith and Wilkinson's. There is a Sainsbury's and an Asda at opposite ends of the town and a Co-op in the town centre. Recently Starbuck's opened here too.

As a market town it wouldn't be the same without its regular markets which are on Saturdays and Wednesdays.

The River Anker flows through the town. It used to be that the town was subject to flooding but they have built the roads over the river so apart from a wee peep down by Debenham's you don't see much unless you come out by the bus station and it is no longer covered over.

Riversley Park makes for a nice stroll and not that far from the town centre.
    I don't know much about the nightlife but there are a few pubs about. The public library is on the edge of the town centre.

Your local train station is handy to the town centre. You can get direct trains to London, Birmingham, Leicester, Coventry, Liverpool lime Street etc and connections to other places.

oh.. and I live here too.

There is a huge Tesco near the Ricoh Arena which is on the way to Coventry.
    Cool

KarenApril

Thank you soooooo much for your post. I really appreciate the time you have taken to reply!