Thread: Has 24 hour drinking made a difference?

Default Has 24 hour drinking made a difference?

I'm on a posting frenzy today,

I'm just wondering if anyone has noticed any significant difference where they live, since pubs were allowed to stay open 24 hours? Personally, I haven't noticed the slightest bit of difference. I always believed if anything that it would have a positive effect anyway, stopping people from feeling the need to rush their drinks.

THe only difference I've noticed is it's a lot easier to get a taxi, as people aren't all thrown out on the streets at the same time. In fact I have noticed something else, there's a lot less 'closing time street brawls' these days.

Well that's at least two positives.

Late license laws have to be a good thing. The current drinking laws can only equate to those of gladiatorial times. Round up a bunch of young men , encourage them to drink as much as they can in 3 or 4 hours and then kick them out into the gladiatorial arena-also known as the high street....The local chariot drivers taunt them by not letting them jump on board, probably due to their inability to walk . If we could stagger the leaving times of these gladiators - or as i prefer to call them , NEDS. There would be alot less shirt pulling going on . . . which im sure Mr burberry would be pleased about . This has to be a good thing for all concerned.

Sandman

Lol, that was an eloquent way of putting it JWR.

If you look at it that way, I'm probably one of the more stupid animals that Gladiators choose to fight sometimes. I'd rather just sit and watch, and find a good wall to wee against occasionally.

I'm still not sure about 24 hour drinking, sure other countries do it and they don't have much trouble to show for it, but those countries aren't the UK!

This country is collectively alchoholic, I can't think of any other country that drinks on the scale that we do. Possibly australia is up there somewhere.

I haven't seen the slightest bit of difference in any respects, bars just stay open a bit later then they did. Nothing seems to be any better or worse for it, despite all the media scaremongering.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    I used to suffer from amnesia but I've been ok since ???

Grins at Simon. You just might find that the - cough - reason given downunder for the amount of drink they consume is the heat and subsequent perspiration. They need to replace the liquid as quickly as possible, preferably before those gigantic flies come buzzing by for a drink. Though, as a side thought I wonder how good the corks on the hats are for knocking them out.
    Cool